Page 28 of 28 First ... 182425262728

Style
    Grappling/BJJ
    Drgnslry - I think the general conclusion we came to over 5 years ago was that he is a good martial arts instructor but that much of his biography was widely exaggerated.

Style
    Boxing/BJJ
    lol i never met chris Bissett but i heard he puts on a protective cup in public just in case a fight breaks out. i don't know as an adult i've been in 1 fight on the "street" and that could of easily been avoided too, if i wanted to avoid it but i was 18 and a bit to drunk to think straight that night, so the need to put on a cup before going out in public seems more of a hassle then it's worth for me anyways. However alot of martial artists have over the top personalities that's for sure something about martial arts just brings them out to the surface.
    Last edited by GFG; 12/17/2016 11:06am at .

Style
    Grappling/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkAY View Post
    OldGuy:

Chris Bissett was not a civilian during his time in Ottawa, as far as I am aware. He was a captain with the Canadian Airforce, and currently owns the Bissett Protection Group.

Manuel Ruiz is the chief self defense instructor for the Law Enforcement and Security Training Academey of Canada. He's also been the primary self defense instructor for many of the Band(reserves) Police Agencies in Manitoba.

Ole Frederikson is another black belt at the Winnipeg club. Ole is currently in the Canadian Airforce, where he instructs Survival, Evasion, and Resistance to Interrogation.

We also have more then a few members of the Winnipeg Police Service in our club, as well as many from the different factions of the military.

If you have any doubts about the authenticity of our members, feel free to pay us a visit.

Bird:
    I've been going to the Winnipeg club since 1999. It's an excellent club, with many knowledgable instructors and students. The all the popularity of MMA, there's a bit more grappling instruction going on then there used to be, but it's still a self defense school first and foremost.

If you go down, you can take advantage of a free first class. If you have trouble paying the monthly fee, you can feel free to talk to Sensei Manuel, who's more then reasonable. When I was still in High School, I paid for my classes by sweeping the mats and doing odd jobs for him.

It's a little hard to find the club at the moment. It's currently out of a renovated old Church on Maryland Avenue.
    Looks like the Manuel Ruiz fellow above was recently charged.

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2017/9/2...dio-crime-news

Page 28 of 28 First ... 182425262728