Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Style
    MT nub, Ex-Tang Soo Do

Times Herald Article: Bullshido in my Backyard

I awoke this morning and went to work, to discover that the local paper had the top story about a martial arts tournament that happened at my highschool. Needless to say... it's bullshido.

http://www.timesherald.com/site/news...id=33380&rfi=6
    Last edited by Sam Browning; 1/10/2011 8:36pm at .
    DIDN'T YOU KNOW?! The Chinese know everything! And they knew it 4,000 years before YOU did!

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm clearly illiterate and dictating this post to a squadron of several dozen trained jumping beans I've coearced into living on my keyboard, each named after a letter or character, which bounce up and down as I call their names." -JohnnyCache

Style
    white boy jiujitsu
    that article makes me want to throw up. they've lost all meaning of what they do.

Style
    MT nub, Ex-Tang Soo Do
    Not only does the author know **** about martial arts, neither do the people who are learning it.
    DIDN'T YOU KNOW?! The Chinese know everything! And they knew it 4,000 years before YOU did!

"Yes. Yes I am. I'm clearly illiterate and dictating this post to a squadron of several dozen trained jumping beans I've coearced into living on my keyboard, each named after a letter or character, which bounce up and down as I call their names." -JohnnyCache

Feel free to question me

Style
    Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
    Kistrael

Levittown is about 15 minutes away from me.

Norristown is about 30

I wish I were there when this happened =)

Style
    Not.....working

THese sorts of tournaments is Bullshido above anything else.

I already had figured out by the first paragraph what sort of non-tournament it is before they even mention styles. Taekwondo +" Familyoriented"=Sport Karate.They both go hand and foot these day's.

Style
    MT nub, Ex-Tang Soo Do
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    Kistrael

Levittown is about 15 minutes away from me.

Norristown is about 30

I wish I were there when this happened =)
    So do I. If I would have known, I would have came in and sat down with a tub of popcorn. It would be a riot to know you could probably wipe out half the people in the room.

Style
    German longsword, .45 ACP
    This is my favorite part of the article.

"They don't want it to be an ugly, mean-spirited thing. That's one reason they don't call this a tournament, because you'll see lots of times in another type of tournament they're out to kill each other. They shouldn't be, but they're so competitive, like hockey or any other sport."
    God forbid your combative sport might end up being as competitive as hockey.
    Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

Style
    white boy jiujitsu
    heh, they'll never be like hockey. they actually fight in hockey.

Style
    MT nub, Ex-Tang Soo Do
    Darn those competitive Canadians with their hockey, maple syrup, and mooses!

Trying to make sense of it all supporting member
    Style
    Jiu Jitsu
    bullshido or no...

[quote]Last year, Kim sponsored a "Breakathon" tae kwon do-style event (the familiar splitting boards in half by hand or foot), which raised $10,000 for Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.
    [\quote]

****, if breaking a few boards can raise $10,000 for a children's hospital, bring me some freakin' boards.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last