J-Lau Highlight Video

Our very own J-Lau, Joe Lauzon stars in a highlight video we have hosted here at Bullshido! Check out clips from some of his best matches to date. You can access the video here on Bullshido in its small form or here off his website in its full size (50mb).

Joe's website can be found at http://www.joelauzon.com/
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I thought J-Lau was asian... and thinner. At least, that's what I remember from one of the earliest throwdown vids. (Remember when he got his eye cut?)

Are there two J-Laus? If not, then our boy is all groweds up. He's groweds up, and he's groweds up, and he's groweds up. :)

Seriously, though, J-Lau, nice highlights. I look forward to seeing you in the pros one day. :)

That was Luan.

Style
    Kyokushin and Judo.
    Ahhh. So thats how J-Lau's name was formulated. From his actual name.

Thats J, nice fight footage.

But what was that first fight right at the beginning of the video. Where you where rolling around on the ground punching some guy. It was dark and looked like it was outside on the grass. Was that a brawl with someone at a party or something ?
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Style
    MMA, No-Gi Grappling
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannibal
    Ahhh. So thats how J-Lau's name was formulated. From his actual name.

Thats J, nice fight footage.

But what was that first fight right at the beginning of the video. Where you where rolling around on the ground punching some guy. It was dark and looked like it was outside on the grass. Was that a brawl with someone at a party or something ?
    A few of my friends had some kid a party who would fight anyone, so they asked if he would fight someone that was 150 pounds, and called me. Was supposed to be no UFC 1 rules... but it was no rules because the kid fish hooked me and didnt let go until I choked him out.

Style
    Kyokushin and Judo.
    Fair enough then.

Just one more question J-Lau.

Your style says you train MMA. By MMA do you mean just Muay Thai and BJJ ?

Or do you train in any other arts ?
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got **** on me !!!!

Style
    MMA, No-Gi Grappling
    Well, we do kickboxing and grappling. We almost never wear the gi, and we always start from our feet (provided we arent too crowded) which makes our wrestling better and better. And our kickboxing class is mostly a boxing class with knees and a little bit of kicking, but the emphasis is more on hands so you can keep a good base to defend takedowns.

And when I say I train MMA, I mean it. We spar with mma rules, mma gloves and hitting each other pretty hard. Its pretty common to have someone leeding in the course of the night, usually from a busted lip or something. You can't just train grappling, and just train standup and expect it all to magically come together.

Style
    muaytai
    elbows and knees gets the job done faster opps thats not allowed in USA . any i liked the first one he kicked ass he,s a muaytaidog for life . HE MAKES SAGAT PROUD

Style
    muaytai
    Quote Originally Posted by muaytaidog
    elbows and knees gets the job done faster opps thats not allowed in USA . anyway i liked the first one he kicked ass he,s a muaytaidog for life . HE MAKES SAGAT PROUD
    sagat is muaytai :violent1: :bowdown: :protest: