Page 17 of 17 First ... 71314151617

This happened with my second school actually and not my first school(which was Wing Chun). It was a Hung Ga school. I thought it would have been a better school than the Wing Chun one because I heard and read that it focused on tough conditioning and brute force. At first I didn't think much and just lined up with the other students to demonstrate the form I had just learned. So it was the same thing as usual. Line up, do the form when it was your turn and then wash, rinse, repeat. I just couldn't believe that my master would teach in such a useless fashion. We never hit punching bags or sparred. It was the same freaking thing in every class. I thought that sooner or later when we had learnt "enough" forms,we would advance to sparring. One year and four months passed and still no sparring took place. The even more advanced students never sparred either. They just did weapons forms but my master never demonstrated how to use the the weapons against an opponent. When they finished one weapon form, they *sigh* just moved on to the next form.

I think my second school is the absolute worst of the all ex-schools of the Bullshido forum members as any ordinary Karate or Taekwondo at least had students hitting punching bags. I wasn't even taught the proper stance or guard to stand in if I needed to defend myself. All I could do was pose in a "dragon claw" stance when I got into a real life situation where I had to defend myself. And in my mind I was thinking like "Damn. I really don't know what to do except pose". I knew I was in deep trouble then. And then I got put into a headlock and there was nothing I could do to escape it. Years later, I met one of the other students and he complained about the exact same things that I hated about the classes. I'm glad that I had quit forever.

(Sorry for replying too late)
    Last edited by Awesomeg; 4/10/2019 3:06am at .

A mistake. I meant to say that "any ordinary Karate or Taekwondo class at least had students hitting punching bags." I left out the word "class".

Page 17 of 17 First ... 71314151617