Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... Last
    Style
    BJJ/Judo

Resistant Aikido Clips

Allright, I know you've all been dying to see this.......

These clips are from a competition in the JAA which is Shodokan Aikido (Tomiki guys). It's good aikido that looks sloppy but works. I know most of you are going to say that it looks like judo, and you're right, but judo and aikido actually do overlap in some areas. Have fun.....

http://www10.ocn.ne.jp/~siba/index11.htm
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Vote your conscience.... Vote Libertarian!

Style
    Boxing, Solar Ray Attack
    looked interesting. similar to push hands in some of the applications, especially the "Syoumenate” clips. whats the stick some guys are holding?
    http://woodwardswhiskey.wordpress.com/

He was punching him like the collective karmic debt he'd accrued was coming to collections, mostly on his face.

Style
    BJJ/Judo
    it's a tanto, they use them for some of their competitions, but I'm not really up on their rules, I think they can be found here www.tomiki.org
    "Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." -A. Lincoln

Style
    BJJ/Judo
    more specifically.....

Tomiki Sensei though that the best way to prepare for such a situation was to replicate it. However, as we are Aikidoka and not Navy SEAL's, hurting the attacker just because it would be an easy way to defend ourselves is not a morally tenable path. We aim to subdue the attacker--hopefully without causing him any lasting harm--and give him the time he needs to cool off and assess the error of his ways. Randori and shiai attempt to give the player experience in just such a process of subduing without harming. In a tournament, one is pitted against a smart, trained player who is not giving you an inch--who, in fact is doing his or her best to plunge a Styrofoam "knife" into your chest. It is full speed, and as close as one can safely get to combat. And, what gives it its ultimate value is that it forces one to make one's Aikido work: One has to apply techniques that subdue, but that do not injure the other player. One has to deal Justly, Kindly, Harmoniously, and in the True Spirit of Aikido--and do it under the harshest of circumstances. It is for that reason that shiai is valuable, for it is as much a test of spirit as of skill.
    I'd love to train with these guys, but unfortunately there aren't any schools near me.

Style
    Muay Thai & BJJ
    Dead files to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Style
    Kakutogi
    I kurip no get. Page found not.

You paying fo my emotions toying!:mad:
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Style
    BJJ/Judo
    Originally posted by Anthony
    Dead files to me.
    what? it works for me...... hope we didn't kill the site, because the clips are pretty good

Style
    BJJ/Judo
    just wiped out my cookies, history, and temp files and the site still works

the movies are quicktime so you might check that if you don't have it

if you still can't I can email to you because they're not that big a files, just let me know

Style
    Kakutogi
    This is what I get:

-ページが見つかりません。-

申し訳ございません。リクエストされたページが見つかりません。

下記の原因の可能性があります。

URLの入力に誤りがある可能性があります。お確かめの上、正しいURLを入力して下さい。

リクエストされたホームページは存在しない可能性があります。

Page ONトップページ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Page Not Found-
    Sorry, the requested page could not be found.

Possible reasons:

There may be a Typo in the URL. Please check it, and enter correctly.

The requested page may not exist.

Page ON top page
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Style
    BJJ/Judo
    let me see if I can't directly link to the clips, I don't know why the link works for me and not you

Page 1 of 50 1234511 ... Last