Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Style
    Autoimmune disease
    Quote Originally Posted by goodlun View Post
    Just out of curiosity are these not slightly different things?
    I have such a hard time keeping up with all these various identity politics things, and I suppose the fact I work at a University now that I should have had more training on the matter.
    I get that everyone has some amount of unconscious biases I would be harder pressed to make the statement that everyone is bigoted but I suppose it could be argued indeed we are?
    The problem liberals are having with the Oscars is that you can't expect white judges to be able to appreciate the subtle nuances that delivery mass appeal of the products they are asked to appraise.

You wouldn't ask the producers of the Grand Old Opry to host the BET music awards would you?

I get that we are one nation and should appreciate our entire American heritage diaspora but they don't understand that it's different from person to person based on their cultural experiences. I have a lot of shared cultural experiences with anyone else that was raised in America but don't ask me to appraise the quality of Hip Hop music or a movie about Rich Asians like I'm some sort of expert on the matter able to appreciate all aspects of the story. But if there's ever an accurate movie about growing up anachronistically backwards or pot smoking red necks in the deep south I'm sure I'll give it shockingly high marks.

So yeah, the Oscars are crippled and won't ever be able to appreciate all the art that gets made from year to year. Maybe they should start a new award show that showcases diversity instead and then snub the **** out of the Academy for a change?
    "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Wait....... so people want to win even though they're not the best?
    That's Rayce-ist!

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dung Beatles View Post

Maybe they should start a new award show that showcases diversity instead and then snub the **** out of the Academy for a change?
    They already have something like that in the music business. They call it the Soul Train Music Awards and they typically kill each other afterwards.

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    They already have something like that in the music business. They call it the Soul Train Music Awards and they typically kill each other afterwards.
    It's the Soul Train......!!!!

Style
    Autoimmune disease
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Well, that's one way to boost ratings.
    "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Wait....... so people want to win even though they're not the best?
    They want the winners to correlate with their agenda.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Some of King’s books make it hard to tell the time period- it’ll kinda seem like maybe the 1960s, then a character will Google something on their phone. Of course the politics of such a man will be off.

Style
    xingyi
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    They want the winners to correlate with their agenda.
    Yeah, thatís America.

Study film history, it has always been this way. The difference is, it is minorities trying to do the same backwards ****.

Page 3 of 3 First 123