Page 10 of 10 First ... 678910
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by patfromlogan View Post
    Since we set up the torture dictatorship and stole the oil money they might not have good intentions. We have a dozen bases around them. How many military bases do they have?

And no, the imperialist mentality is just another stage, another concept, like feudalism, like the divine right of kings, like the superiority of Nordic races. Many cultures and nations have had no interest in domination. And I’m an American born in 1950. In my lifetime the US has, to again quote Martin Luther King, the greatest purveyor of violence in the world.

In the modern model the home country consists of areas of high income and profit; the periphery is on the opposing side of the spectrum, exploited and poor. Alexander? Actually just read another biography! Greek imperialism did reach an apex under Alexander. But he was seen in Egypt as the liberator from Persia and his attempts to Hellenize Egypt led to Alexandria becoming the intellectual center of the earth. And the cosmopolis, in which all citizens of the world would live harmoniously together in equality, remained a failed dream of Alexander. Far from King Leopold cutting off the hands of slow workers in the Congo, or Shell raping Nigeria, or Halliburton making billions in Iraq
    Well, I tried.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    I’m not gonna lie, when I colonized this neighborhood that I’m living in, I made the place better than it was before I was here. I’ve fixed up and improved my property, helped my neighbors, and killed off some invasive species. I’ve also got a small area on the river in Alabama that I colonized. I’ve definitely made that place better by putting in some power hook ups, a nice pavilion, outhouse, and keep the blueberry bushes trimmed. Only problem with that place is the drunk natives that float by every once in a while, but we have been coexisting so far.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Well now...
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKBN1Z301Z

That darned warmonger Trump...

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Well now...

Nikki Haley warned Iran in 2018 they'd be held accountable.

Nikki Haley in 2024 folks. First female US President.

Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    Well now...

Take a read ghost.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Nikki Haley warned Iran in 2018 they'd be held accountable.

Nikki Haley in 2024 folks. First female US President.
    Hell yeah..

Style
    Mixed
    The Iraqi Parliament just voted to expel the US from the country.

It's non-binding but will very likely fast track the exit of US troops, right when ISIS is regrouping.

17 years in country killing terrorists, replacing a dictatorship with a fledgling republic, and now that party might be over for good.
    '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Style
    Autoimmune disease
    Well now...

Sounds like tales of yellow cake uranium and aluminum tubes to me. Maybe it's true, maybe they believe it but I can't help but recognize a familiar tune.
    "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Style
    Mixed
    The next chapter of this begins today, because the US is already showing signs of not complying with the Iraqi government's vote for them to leave.

We went in to change the regime from dictatorship...16 years ago.

Now they have a democratic vote and this is our response.

U.S. leaders dismiss Iraqi requests to remove all military forces
    https://www.militarytimes.com/news/p...litary-forces/
    '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Page 10 of 10 First ... 678910