Page 9 of 9 First ... 56789
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Hole View Post
    You and I are on the same page. When I hear the words "regulate", this is how I perceive it.

See? Sometimes interpretation is really important, that's why we invented courts after all. To regulate the regulators.

But interpretation does not happen in a bias-free way.

Hence our current situation...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    But interpretation does not happen in a bias-free way.

Hence our current situation...
    It can be refined to remove bias, that's where citations come in, they ground the interpretations to other interpretations and so on.

Here's an example, the 2A basically just means the country needs to maintain the ability to allows ready and willing citizen defenders, and therefore can't restrict arms to just the military, for instance, or the aristocracy, upper class, etc.

So you can argue no matter what gun control exists, the overall "right" to bear can't be infringed upon by the law, at least not in America. You always have "the right to bear arms", what arms you get the right to bear is decided on by a vast web of state and federal regs. No handgrenades, 40W plasma rifles, Ghost Guns, etc.

SB16 in Virginia's greatest threat right now is in fact the 2A, there is no way that fucking state law is going to pass. They'll take my barrel shrouds from my cold, dead hands. Sometimes, the Constitution is bettah.
    '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice Hole View Post
    It can be refined to remove bias, that's where citations come in, they ground the interpretations to other interpretations and so on.
    Citations still are hearsay,

and pale in comparison to full transparency and replication.

Not everything requires a million dollars or more to replicate.

Both on same datasets but equally importantly, independent datasets.

And this is where modern peer review, falls down.

Even more so, every fucker that share fake news is "citing" a source.

On gasoline, in the fake media, shoddy peer review, and Facebook empowered age, this becomes poison more often than scientific medicine, when combined with an enthusiastic, gullible public.
    Last edited by Krampus; 12/06/2019 12:08am at .

Style
    Mixed
    Citations aren't hearsay when they are well supported by evidence. I was specifically referring to how case law expands and interprets the original meanings of the many parts of the Constitution. Just like observations aren't biased by the observer when they can be independently verified by many eyes.

This is why in the case of AGW, it's really a fart in the wind to claim AGW isn't real, or that the massive increase in average global temperature isn't due to primarily human pollution, especially in the last 2 centuries.

I can think of no branch of science more flooded with the red herring swarms of "skeptics", and did you ever notice how small the intersection is between climate scientists and "climate skeptics". That Venn diagram / set theory intersection (A ∩ B) is very, very, very, very, very small.

Last edited by Ice Hole; 12/06/2019 1:14am at .
    '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

Style
    CQC
    Global warming denial is gay. Your move boomers.

Style
    Grapple
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Global warming denial is foolish, crying because you think the world is going to end because OG's like me drive diesel trucks and eat beef is gay.
    King without a crown

Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    The term is now climate change. Keep up.

Page 9 of 9 First ... 56789