Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... Last

Virginia set to ban "assault" weapons

I'm only starting this thread because I know we have more than a few members in the VA area. Thoughts?

Style
    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    We just moved to Virginia a couple months ago. I think the bill is crap. I literally just escaped AWB territory coming from Maryland. Virginia doesn't even have the excuse of high violent crime like Maryland aka Baltimore has.

My hopes are high that we can beat it, given all it will take is 2 Democrats to kill it in the Senate, and Virginia is still very much red/purple outside of NoVA.

The thing that will kill us is if it seems as though the NRA is pressuring the politicians to defeat it. Bloomberg's paid gun control squad will be our in force to make it look like there is a grassroots gun control movement in VA, when really the opposite is true. Most of us who are fighting against their agenda are doing it on our own dime.

Here is the text of the bill:

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/leg...e?201+sum+SB16

It is draconian fascist ****.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Yeah, Bloomberg needs to **** off into the sunset.

Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    We just moved to Virginia a couple months ago. I think the bill is crap. I literally just escaped AWB territory coming from Maryland. Virginia doesn't even have the excuse of high violent crime like Maryland aka Baltimore has.

My hopes are high that we can beat it, given all it will take is 2 Democrats to kill it in the Senate, and Virginia is still very much red/purple outside of NoVA.

The thing that will kill us is if it seems as though the NRA is pressuring the politicians to defeat it. Bloomberg's paid gun control squad will be our in force to make it look like there is a grassroots gun control movement in VA, when really the opposite is true. Most of us who are fighting against their agenda are doing it on our own dime.

Here is the text of the bill:

https://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/leg...e?201+sum+SB16

It is draconian fascist ****.
    Read the full text. That is draconian. Nothing grandfathered in. One has to wonder how many are already in possession and how confiscation is to occur? Did I miss something or is this a pass/fail and we'll work out the details later?

Style
    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    Most likely grandfathering and other things to appease 2A people would get added in committee. But politicians gonna politic, so they will ask for 100 expecting to get 30. With any luck the Virginia chapter of Moms + all the other paid Bloomberg shills will be **** head entitled assholes like they were in Maryland for the 2019 session. That alone killed the majority of the gun control bills there. They probably learned their lesson and will pay for better shills this year though.

It must be nice to have professional speechwriters build your testimony and talking points for you. And here I am stuck writing my own. Well at least I don't have to worry about calling chemical weapons in Syria a thin red line.

Depending on how fucktard they go this session, it may be worth the pain for a couple years to flip the legislature and governor's office back red and undo everything. It has happened here before.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    Most likely grandfathering and other things to appease 2A people would get added in committee. But politicians gonna politic, so they will ask for 100 expecting to get 30. With any luck the Virginia chapter of Moms + all the other paid Bloomberg shills will be **** head entitled assholes like they were in Maryland for the 2019 session. That alone killed the majority of the gun control bills there. They probably learned their lesson and will pay for better shills this year though.

It must be nice to have professional speechwriters build your testimony and talking points for you. And here I am stuck writing my own. Well at least I don't have to worry about calling chemical weapons in Syria a thin red line.

Depending on how fucktard they go this session, it may be worth the pain for a couple years to flip the legislature and governor's office back red and undo everything. It has happened here before.
    The 2nd Amendment protects all the rest of the Bill of Rights, and Constitution.

Those that seek to overthrow the Constitution are traitors, and criminals, of the highest orders.

And they seek to exact a quantity of blood that is beyond measure, over time.

They shall be surprised, and attempt to deflect with sophistry,

why there is armed resistance to this Nazi or Stalin or Mao or Venezuela type disarmament,

And they shall be most surprised when it is their blood that is spilled,

and when it is they that are prosecuted by courts of law afterwards.

Over half, and the better half, of the military and law enforcement, with all of their assets and personnel,

Shall defend the Constitution and 2nd Amendment,

And they are the United States of America.

And those that seek to disarm the teeth from every day Americans

And overthrow the Bill of Rights, including the 2nd Amendment,

Are the traitors.

Liberty is only won, and maintained, through arms.

And the First Amendment right to tell anybody, and everybody, who would violate that Constitution and Bill of Rights, to **** Off.

And may the Flame of Liberty,

And this great dream, the United States of America, and its Constitution, and Bill of Rights, never be extinguished.

Me and my sons, should better die to defend this, than see the dream of liberty, and the United States Constitution and Bill of Rights, die.
    Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 12/01/2019 9:37pm at .

Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    Go red or go dead, 2A wise. Hard lines are being drawn while the devide is broader than any other seen in my lifetime. I'm including the 60-70s, civil rights and Vietnam eras.

Really hoping for a strong centrist 3rd party to emerge. I see us leaning evermore to the left but with, I'll posit, the younger generation not realizing how far adrift we are becoming from what makes this nation what it is.

What other countries have the equivalent of out 1st Amendment?
    Or our 2nd?

Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    The 2nd Amendment protects all the rest of the Bill of Rights, and Constitution.

Those that seek to overthrow the Constitution are traitors, and criminals, of the highest orders.

And they seek to exact a quantity of blood that is beyond measure, over time.

They shall be surprised, and attempt to deflect with sophistry,

why there is armed resistance to this Nazi or Stalin or Mao or Venezuela type disarmament,

And they shall be most surprised when it is their blood that is spilled,

and when it is they that are prosecuted by courts of law afterwards.

Over half, and the better half, of the military and law enforcement, with all of their assets and personnel,

Shall defend the Constitution and 2nd Amendment,

And they are the United States of America.

And those that seek to disarm the teeth from every day Americans

And overthrow the Bill of Rights, including the 2nd Amendment,

Are the traitors.

Liberty is only won, and maintained, through arms.

And the First Amendment right to tell anybody, and everybody, who would violate that Constitution and Bill of Rights, to **** Off.

And may the Flame of Liberty,

And this great dream, the United States of America, and its Constitution, and Bill of Rights, never be extinguished.

Me and my sons, should better die to defend this, than see the dream of liberty, and the United States Constitution and Bill of Rights, die.
    addendum to hungryjoe prayer-

and let Ruth Bader Ginsburg know, although she is a tiger, there is a time to retire.

Amen

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    addendum to hungryjoe prayer-

and let Ruth Bader Ginsburg know, although she is a tiger, there is a time to retire.

Amen
    She is a tiger, and I don't think it will happen unless her physical and mental equipment totally fails her.

Good for her.

I love the 2nd Amendment, but the Great Ginsberg and her pen, in her chair, are as American as any citizen and their rifle, and homestead garden and livestock, or hunting range.

I may disagree with some of her opinions, but the whole point was to allow for disagreement, within the bounds of the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

And I cannot wish the Great Lady any harm or early misfortune.

Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    She is a tiger, and I don't think it will happen unless her physical and mental equipment totally fails her.

Good for her.

I love the 2nd Amendment, but the Great Ginsberg and her pen, in her chair, are as American as any citizen and their rifle, and homestead garden and livestock, or hunting range.

I may disagree with some of her opinions, but the whole point was to allow for disagreement, within the bounds of the Constitution and Bill of Rights.

And I cannot wish the Great Lady any harm or early misfortune.
    I too wish her no harm and admire her conviction and strength. On record here for many posts in that other thread. Long live RBG. She is a warrior. Just retire already.

Politicians talk **** to the masses for reelection. Bader has walked the talk and lived by her convictions. Who could ask for more?

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... Last