Page 7 of 7 First ... 34567
    Joe "I should not comment on Anthony Weiner" Biden staff
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Krampus View Post
    I have 12 stories, about the same number of jokes
    Er-hrm. Is this thing on? Hello? Hello?

OK.

So, Epstein walks into an open mic night, and does that tired old bit about "take my life, please."
    Being correct on the Internet is orders of magnitude easier than being correct in the Universe. Perhaps we should all concentrate more on the latter...

Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    I’m middle aged.

I have 12 stories, about the same number of jokes, and that many moves that I hit regularly while grappling, except by accident.

Another middle aged friend of mine tells this story:

On his wedding night, he asked his wife, “did I hurt you, honey?”

To which she replied, “with that...?”

(Credit DS 2019...2010, probably 199X, but he has only been telling that joke to me every week for the past ten years...)
    It gets easier with age. You'll forget half the jokes and stories. The people you repeatedly tell them to will suffer, but what the hell?

and

Throwing out the rest of the turkey I forgot to freeze. Should I send it your way? By snail mail?

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    It gets easier with age. You'll forget half the jokes and stories. The people you repeatedly tell them to will suffer, but what the hell?

and

Throwing out the rest of the turkey I forgot to freeze. Should I send it your way? By snail mail?
    Fermented turkey, mmmmm
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Klu Klux Klanada, the Fourth Reich, The “Great White North”.

Trudeau in Black Face, with the power of Dr. Manhattan, I’m guessing.
    Canada had a real trend going for a while on banning books they deemed inappropriate.

Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
    Canada had a real trend going for a while on banning books they deemed inappropriate.
    Dude, they still ban Harry Potter in some US schools.

Some still force people to pray.
    '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Hole View Post
    Dude, they still ban Harry Potter in some US schools.

Some still force people to pray.
    Fair point, but generally speaking that type of **** is reserved to a few small bible thumping towns and not the entire country as example by Canada.

Style
    Autoimmune disease
    Fair point, but generally speaking that type of **** is reserved to a few small bible thumping towns and not the entire country as example by Canada.
    You don't spend a lot of time in the South, do you?

When I graduated from college the guy they had give the commencement spent the entire time railing against atheists, science and secular education. That was a state funded University in the 90's and not much has changed since then.

You're an educated man with good sensibilities but I think you're projecting some of those sensibilities on others because you want to think the best of your fellow person.

Coast-to-Coast, America isn't the sea of rugged individualism that it aught to be. There is a sickness that runs through it and tramples freedom wherever it is not being actively combated by the community. The conservatives are gamed by the evangelicals and big business and the liberals are gamed by the commies and weirdos. One has a anti-minority problem, the other has an anti-white male problem.

It's all ****. Nobody wants to just be a regular guy anymore.
    "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Style
    Mixed
    The United Arab Emirates banned all the books.

Pennsylvania was home to a Harry book burning as recently as 2001.

Turns out there are evangelicals and other religious fundamentalists all over the world, and most of them hate Harry.

Ironically most legal suits from these nuts in the US (yes people have sued to get Harry removed) argue that because witchcraft is a recognized religion in the US, Harry Potter should be removed from schools and libraries for church-state separation reasons. Gotta love the hypo-Christians.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reli..._Potter_series
    '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

Page 7 of 7 First ... 34567