Style
    CQC

Front Sight training and marketing practices

Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    It's very Ron Popeil, for sure. I've seen this format used on lots of MA stuff. But, also on a lot of get-rich-quick schemes. Does not mean not legit, it's just marketing wank. Front Sight had a very similar series of marketing, for example, and that is by all accounts a very legitimate school. Stephan Kesting had something similar at one point. Also, another guy that was posting here, for a while, can't remember his name.
    Someone offered me a three day Front Site course certificate in exchange for a gun months ago. I said no because I was broke and uninterested in driving to Nevada.

Joe "I should not comment on Anthony Weiner" Biden staff
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Someone offered me a three day Front Site course certificate in exchange for a gun months ago. I said no because I was broke and uninterested in driving to Nevada.
    That's pretty much why I haven't gone. Even though I've been in Vegas multiple times since I've known about them, and I have one buddy who now lives there in the gun community they built, and one buddy who goes up there multiple times a year, I've just always been too stressed on either time or money to make it happen for myself. Also, this is an unintentional derail that I should probably cull.
    Being correct on the Internet is orders of magnitude easier than being correct in the Universe. Perhaps we should all concentrate more on the latter...

Joe "I should not comment on Anthony Weiner" Biden staff
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Also, the three day training certificate is basically free. Don't give up a gun for that. It would have been a bad trade, on your part.
    Being correct on the Internet is orders of magnitude easier than being correct in the Universe. Perhaps we should all concentrate more on the latter...

Style
    CQC
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Also, the three day training certificate is basically free. Don't give up a gun for that. It would have been a bad trade, on your part.
    It seemed sketchy and the site didn't help. Also kagwerks and Baer solutions frequently run classes way closer to me.