Page 14 of 14 First ... 41011121314
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    I'm telling you guys, Clone Wars animated was the best Star Wars series every done.

The best thing in the movie(s) was Carrie Fisher half nude with a collar on...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Leia got captured in a failed attempt to rescue Han. Boba Fett had nothing to do with it beyond fulfilling his role as Janna's security detail. What Jabba did was absolutely fucked up, but we can't ignore the fact that he captured Leia while she was engaged in an attempted burglary and upon detection she threatened to use what amounts to a handheld nuke to try and threaten everyone in the building.
    DB beat me to the punch.

That's rare. Bravo.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 10/31/2019 4:42pm at .
    '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

Style
    CQC
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    I'm telling you guys, Clone Wars animated was the best Star Wars series every done.

The Rogue Squadron novels were a lot fun...

Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Dung Beatles View Post
    And you called me a fanboy? Jesus. Star Wars novels do not count even if they are endorsed by Lucas.

Lucas was in favor of anything that made him money.
    There's a saying now referring to Boba's dead pool status, "Schrodinger's Fett".
    '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

Style
    Autoimmune disease
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post

In my opinion, the best scene about the first movie was flight of the death star bombing run which paid homage to WWII dramas involving bombers.

That is, up to the surprise last minute attack by Solo which smacked of George Lucas's pathological inability to capitalize on or understand dramatic tension. The worst thing about the movies was Lucas's attempts at comic relief.

Same thing about the 2nd movie. Everything went to **** in the 3rd movie with the singing aliens in Jabba's palace and stupid Ewoks. The entire franchise never recovered because it handed full creative control over to Lucas for the 3rd movie which resulted in fatally poisoned prequels.

The Prequels were a mess of over choreographed everything, CGI, constant camera cuts and fight scenes with no real tension. Bright colors and over-dressed supporting roles replaced grim realities. The Marvel movies also suffer from this sickness and it's getting worse. Disney is pathologically unable to create a drama because they want to make movies for little kids with lots of flashing lights, fancy dance moves, bells and assorted wacky sounding whistles.
    Last edited by Dung Beatles; 10/31/2019 7:58pm at .
    "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Style
    BJJ, MMA
    2018 Male Purple Belt Adult No Gi
    #2 Ranked Competitor - QBJJC

Style
    KARATE-BJJ-MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Vader rewarded Fett with Solo's frozen body. Vader rarely rewards anyone with anything but death.
    You know, those helmet-covering-face dudes probably stick up for each other. But would have overcharged Lily.

Style
    KARATE-BJJ-MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    The Rogue Squadron novels were a lot fun...
    Carmine Infantino+Austin and Michael Golden drew comics with a pretty cute Leia. Damn, I'm old.

Style
    KARATE-BJJ-MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Dung Beatles View Post
    Lucas was in favor of anything that made him money.
    Well, it is a philosophy with some utility to it.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by ksennin View Post
    You know, those helmet-covering-face dudes probably stick up for each other. But would have overcharged Lily.
    They are all Aussies, too!
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 14 of 14 First ... 41011121314