Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Michael Hudak of Silent Storm Karate Do in PA

So I'm an infrequent poster/newbie so please let me know if I post something in the wrong place.

So I randomly saw this comment thread on an ad posting on Facebook for Zen Planner. (My husband owns an MMA gym and I do his social media and website stuff so I get these types of ads in my feed a lot.)

This guy Michael Hudak kind of went a little nutty (says he is 60 years old and claims to have been in over 100 real street/bar fights). He apparently owns Silent Storm Karate-Do in Bethlehem Pennsylvania. (I will give him props since he specializes in teaching Karate to the Deaf) but he comes off a bit unstable. He starts the whole thing complaining that what is shown in the video (BJJ) is not Martial Arts.

(comment thread attached)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SilentStormKarateDo.jpg 
Views:	43 
Size:	20.9 KB 
ID:	18320  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hudak.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	24.8 KB 
ID:	18321  

Name:	hudak1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	18322  

Name:	hudak2.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	23.1 KB 
ID:	18323  

Last edited by Soulfire; 10/08/2019 11:10pm at .

Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    I'll be 60 in a couple of months. I don't want to fight anybody.

Cause 60. Calling Bs.

Welcome to the site.

Style
    Ex-Karate
    Ditto Joe -again pushing mid 50's but no way do I want to getting into serious fights with people I can avoid. Agree on Bullshit

He could suffer from being an "angry old man" who seems to resent the fact that he is getting old and slow by talking up his fighting skills/experience.

I have seen it before - not saying he wouldn't rock up for a fight but will run the risk of being beaten by younger fitter opponents due to his delusion/vanity

However, they are some fit experienced fighters out there. I have to say that or Omega will travel to beat my arse.

From my husband who is 40: "I grew up in the worst part of Moscow during the fall of the Soviet Union...Even I haven't been in THAT many fights." So yeah I am calling that guy's BS.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    That guy is an asshole, or a liar about being an asshole.

Joe "I should not comment on Anthony Weiner" Biden staff
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    My inlaws are in Bethlehem. Perhaps a friendly visit the next time I'm there is warranted...

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    In EVERY fight the only guy on the ground was the LOSER!
    Well there you have it folks. What is the likelihood that this guy has actually been in over 100 street/bar fights? SherDog has him listed but with no wins/losses/draws and no age given, mixexmartialarts.com has him at 1/1/0 but the age shown is 33.
    I thought I spelled it wrong, but as I said I'm a mechanic not an English professor.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    How many bars in town will continue to serve a guy who gets in dozens of fights? How many dozens of bar fights before you decide that maybe bars aren't the place for you? If I was in 100 bar fights, that would be my secret shame that I would hesitate to share with anyone. Like ten bar fights is more than enough to ruin your reputation.

Style
    MMA, BJJ, Kickboxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    How many bars in town will continue to serve a guy who gets in dozens of fights? How many dozens of bar fights before you decide that maybe bars aren't the place for you? If I was in 100 bar fights, that would be my secret shame that I would hesitate to share with anyone. Like ten bar fights is more than enough to ruin your reputation.
    I live in a rough area and a rough town in general which is known for people getting rowdy and into fights particularly when folk are out drinking in bars and what not.

Yet despite frequently out drinking in my youth and the occasional nip out these days I've managed to get into absolutely zero bar fights or even a fight in general. Like at most I've shoved a fellow once when he started getting too rowdy around my wife but that's it. The only people I know that get into frequent bar fights are the people that are known for causing trouble and are generally banned from drinking at most places.

I've come to the conclusion that it's actually pretty hard to get into a fight without fully bringing it upon yourself. Like most sane people would just sooner have a drink and enjoy themselves.

What I'm leading up to here is that, even taking him at face value and believing he's been in 100s of bar fights. He doesn't sound impressive. He just sounds like he's a trouble causing arsehole that wants locking away from society.
    "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Style
    xingyi
    It is the way of the noble TMA warrior. Your art is not judged on its merits, it is all about the bar fights.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last