Style
    CQC

Shen Chuan and the Martial Arts Hall of Fame

While sipping on a 'claw and surfing the net, this bullshit showed up in my feed:

"Martial arts hall of fame" was triggering my bullshido sense and the lumpy shape of this supposedly elite warrior wasn't helping. With a bit of googling of Mr. Coy Harry I found his instructor page for something called Shen Chuan:

Grand Master Instructor: Professor Coy Harry

GM Coy Harry began his Martial Arts training with Mu duk kwan in Temple, Texas at age 8, reached green belt level, and fought in two tournaments.

He later began taking Matsukaze Karate at age 13 in Spring, Texas. This system was a combination of Karate, Judo and Hapkido with Chinese influences. Coy studied this art for two years under the instruction of Sensei Al Soloman. After leaving this system, Coy did not study a specific system for some time. During this time he worked out with friends from the local R.O.T.C. who were prior service Rangers and Special Forces. Also during this time he began instructing hand to hand combat from the Army manual to local cadets.
    In 1994 Coy began studying Matsukaze Budo under Seneis Joe Lansdale and Terry Thoburn. While in Matsukaze Budo he earned the rank of 1st degree black belt in Matsukaze Budo, 1st degree black belt in Aikido, and 1st degree black belt in Maverick Kenpo. While studying Matsukaze Budo, Sensei Lansdale encouraged him to study other systems.

Taking the encouragement to heart, Coy began training in Arnis under Guro Hock Hochheim in which he earned the rank Advanced Level Two and a Basic Instructors License in Grandmaster Remy Presas’s Combat Arnis. During this time, Coy also began the study of Kyusho Jitsu with Grandmaster Rick Moneymaker, and from personal research. Seeking further knowledge, he began studying Combat Hapkido under Grandmaster John Pellegrini in which Coy earned 1st degree Black Belt ranking.

In 1995 Shihan Coy began to study Chi Gong and its applications to the martial arts as well as to enhance his knowledge and health. In 1996 he taught Chi Gong to an elderly lady for a time who suffered from ill health.
    That brings us closer to present times and to Sensei Coy’s “home” school… In 1996 Sensei Joe Lansdale created Shen Chuan, Martial Science and Coy was promoted to the rank of instructor. Since that time, and the creation of Shen Chuan, he has been promoted to the rank of 8th degree Black Belt in Shen Chuan. He was also promoted to 2nd degree Black Belt in Combat Hapkido and 1st degree Black Belt in Daito Ryu Aikijitsu, U.S.A. under Sensei John Denora.
    Well, uh, that's a lot to take in. The website for this school is https://www.shen-chuan.net/. There is a lot of wacky **** going on here and I'm surprised it hasn't shown up on Bullshido yet.
    Last edited by ghost55; 9/27/2019 11:20pm at .

Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    A number of these instructors were in the early development of the Circle Jerk, a database here that never took off.

Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    That "lump shape" is a chi reservoir.

Style
    CQC
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    A number of these instructors were in the early development of the Circle Jerk, a database here that never took off.
    I'm not surprised. There's some real cringe there.

Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    While sipping on a 'claw and surfing the net, this bullshit showed up in my feed:

"Martial arts hall of fame" was triggering my bullshido sense and the lumpy shape of this supposedly elite warrior wasn't helping. With a bit of googling of Mr. Coy Harry I found his instructor page for something called Shen Chuan:

Well, uh, that's a lot to take in. The website for this school is https://www.shen-chuan.net/. There is a lot of wacky **** going on here and I'm surprised it hasn't shown up on Bullshido yet.
    Well god damn.

You sold me 10 seconds into the video.
    '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Oh yeah, I remember that. I spent WAY too much time following those rabbit holes. I got involved when I started looking into the Valadez Kempo system that was being sold on ebay. Which I'm a certified black belt instructor in, by the way. ;)
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Oh yeah, I remember that. I spent WAY too much time following those rabbit holes. I got involved when I started looking into the Valadez Kempo system that was being sold on ebay. Which I'm a certified black belt instructor in, by the way. ;)
    I love how in the video the dude in the hat (dude, wash that thing) claims Coy Harry is one of those quiet humble guys who doesn't talk about how amazingly HOF great they are.

Then you realize the guy calls himself a Grandmaster AND Professor.

Quake in the presence of that Hall of Fame, Tank Abbot beer gut. That'll be Ghost someday, if he keeps pounding Claws.
    '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

Style
    Mixed
    I wear my sunglasses...to the dojo.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    I wear my sunglasses...to the dojo.

What is the context of those ? He's stabbing an unarmed man, repeatedly...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    CQC
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    I love how in the video the dude in the hat (dude, wash that thing) claims Coy Harry is one of those quiet humble guys who doesn't talk about how amazingly HOF great they are.

Then you realize the guy calls himself a Grandmaster AND Professor.

Quake in the presence of that Hall of Fame, Tank Abbot beer gut. That'll be Ghost someday, if he keeps pounding Claws.
    Eat clen, tren hard, anavar give up.