Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... Last

Style
    Chinese Boxing

Thinking about coming out of retirement

I think I might be suffering from a second mid-life crisis. My fighters posted a Muay Thai tournament and I was thinking about taking my first kickboxing match in nearly 20 years. What you guys think?

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I think I might be suffering from a second mid-life crisis. My fighters posted a Muay Thai tournament and I was thinking about taking my first kickboxing match in nearly 20 years. What you guys think?
    Keep the brains and neurological function that you have left.

Style
    TKD, CMA & American Kenpo
    I know that after 24 years, I'm not in condition for any serious competition, but you're the only one who knows if you've kept up with your training and cardio. I do know that I want to be physically able to enjoy my retirement/
    I thought I spelled it wrong, but as I said I'm a mechanic not an English professor.

Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    What are you, around 50 now? Granted, you've stayed in good shape.

Why by the kickboxing rule set? I figure you'd want to be able to use the throws and submissions if you're going back into the game.

aside

Thinking about rebuilding a motorcycle nobody else in the family wants to see back on the road. Cause mid-life crisis.

and

What gonzo said.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    Keep the brains and neurological function that you have left.
    Brains? According to my daughter I have no cells left. I might just try sparring with my team to figure this out. I've got 3 weeks.

What are you, around 50 now? Granted, you've stayed in good shape.

Why by the kickboxing rule set? I figure you'd want to be able to use the throws and submissions if you're going back into the game.
    It was just a tournament they put on the facebook page. I figured I feel younger than I thought I would feel at 50 so why not?

Thinking about coming out of retirement

On of my teammates will have his 2nd MMA fight this weekend and he is closer to 50 than to 40.

So as long as there are no health / medical issues and it is not only a ego thing to bring back the good old times (won‘t happen) go for it if you feel like it.
    Last edited by Detritus667; 9/20/2019 1:08pm at .

Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    Brains? According to my daughter I have no cells left. I might just try sparring with my team to figure this out. I've got 3 weeks.

It was just a tournament they put on the facebook page. I figured I feel younger than I thought I would feel at 50 so why not?
    Do it! Enter with a walker and play it up big time. Entrance music? Trying to think of something from the Grand Torino soundtrack.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus667 View Post
    On of my teammates will have his 2nd MMA this weekend and he is closer to 50 than to 40.

So as long as there are no health / medical issues and it is not only a ego thing to bring back the good old times (won‘t happen) go for it if you feel like it.
    Any chance you're from Australia and his name is Brian?

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    I am going to have to agree with Gonzo.

Don't do it.

Grappling, yeah, go for it. You can compete in age/weight classes in BJJ, Judo, etc.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Any chance you're from Australia and his name is Brian?
    Sorry but nope...

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... Last