Page 4 of 4 First 1234
    Style
    Kendo
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Yes, absolutely. First-class set-up with Olympic-grade modern tatami (mats).
    Bah humbug. No motivation to learn ukemi with that rig. I learned on traditional tatami set up in the basement of the Y. Of course I was 12 at the time and took a fall lots more easily than now.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    Bah humbug. No motivation to learn ukemi with that rig. I learned on traditional tatami set up in the basement of the Y. Of course I was 12 at the time and took a fall lots more easily than now.
    Safety first, right?
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Haha. 12 year olds are a little more fall resistant. If only I learned when I were a child, it would probably be a little easier. Instead, I get to have it beaten into me until it gets through my thick skull. ;-)

Style
    Kendo
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Safety first, right?
    In 1973? Not so much.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    In 1973? Not so much.

Character-building and all that...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

So, how do I update my rating? I went to the dojo tonight, and can give at least a little more accurate of a rating.

Joe "I should not comment on Anthony Weiner" Biden staff
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Faultier View Post
    So, how do I update my rating? I went to the dojo tonight, and can give at least a little more accurate of a rating.
    Hmmm... for now, give your numbers like this:

Aliveness:
    Equipment:
    Gym Size:
    Atmosphere/Attitude:
    Striking Instruction:
    Grappling Instruction:
    Weapons Instruction:

I'll see how to update and/or see if I can tweak via the back-end without a lot of work.

Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Hmmm... for now, give your numbers like this:

Aliveness:
    Equipment:
    Gym Size:
    Atmosphere/Attitude:
    Striking Instruction:
    Grappling Instruction:
    Weapons Instruction:

I'll see how to update and/or see if I can tweak via the back-end without a lot of work.
    Aliveness: 3 (I've been told that they do further sparring but I haven't seen it yet so I'll give it a 3 for now.)

Equipment: 5 (basic equipment, I can't really say that it's heavily used but it's nothing fancy)

Gym Size: 7 or 8 (their actual training mat is about 500 sq ft in area, but they also have a changing room viewing area, etc. So I'm not sure if those count.)

Atmosphere/Attitude: 8 (but only because I haven't been there long enough to give them higher, they are VERY kind and supportive from everything that I've seen so far.)

Striking Instruction: 5 (they do the kata and they also cover some of it in their "self-defence" oriented class, but I have yet to see them practice striking each other)

Grappling Instruction: 5 (I give it this only because I haven't seen much of the grappling yet, but I'm sure that they do grappling, being that it is Judo. Supposedly, the head instructor was Olympic class... Not positive on that though)

Weapons Instruction: 1 (I have seen no weapons instruction so far.)

Sorry it took so long to reply. Work picked up hard and I basically just passed out when I got home.

Page 4 of 4 First 1234