Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Style
    Kendo
    Forums like this one are dead or dying everywhere. People use Facebook, Reddit and other sites for these sorts of discussions now. I'm not sure why, none of those are as good a medium as forum software for discussions. Plus eventually forums devolve into a group of regulars who are tired of answering the same dumb questions and are mostly just shooting the **** and trading inside jokes, which intimidates the hell out of any newbies that want to join. Which is what you have here.

Phil Elmore is a pompous know-nothing asshole and always has been.

I don't know the third thing.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    They are on the Facebook page. Current argument is about Aikido working because “I am a bouncer former martial arts instructor blah blah blah blah blah.”
    It's got all the traditional arguments, though. All the way down to call outs from across the country and people offering to pay money to someone to fight the dude. :D
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    xingyi
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    Forums like this one are dead or dying everywhere. People use Facebook, Reddit and other sites for these sorts of discussions now. I'm not sure why, none of those are as good a medium as forum software for discussions. Plus eventually forums devolve into a group of regulars who are tired of answering the same dumb questions and are mostly just shooting the **** and trading inside jokes, which intimidates the hell out of any newbies that want to join. Which is what you have here.

Phil Elmore is a pompous know-nothing asshole and always has been.

I don't know the third thing.
    The simple explanation, IMO, is two fold.

I can control who says what or what I read much better on Facebook and Twitter. I don’t like you *block*. Your friend quotes you *blocked*.

I can see the shittalker or talkee. Yes, you can control others access to pictures, but many do not know how. Unlike a forum, I can see if you are an overweight basment dwelling tub of lard or a fourth degree BJJBlack Belt.

Style
    FMA, Ego Warrior
    They are on the Facebook page. Current argument is about Aikido working because “I am a bouncer former martial arts instructor blah blah blah blah blah.”
    Sheeeit. I'm a bouncer and it seems like psychology, positivity and fitness of body and mind are 99.99% more useful than my crappling artistry.
    Hell. A dollar store flashlight is more handy at the door than Aikido. That thing is in service all night long.
    But I'm pretty sure if I used one of them grandiose, large circle throws against a drunk patron on camera I'd get sued.

Style
    xingyi
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Machette View Post
    Sheeeit. I'm a bouncer and it seems like psychology, positivity and fitness of body and mind are 99.99% more useful than my crappling artistry.
    Hell. A dollar store flashlight is more handy at the door than Aikido. That thing is in service all night long.
    But I'm pretty sure if I used one of them grandiose, large circle throws against a drunk patron on camera I'd get sued.
    I bounced and did security, then I grew up

lol.

Using this job to prove almost anything, other than drunk people are stupid, always make me laugh.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 9/23/2019 5:27pm at .

The facebook page is fucking stupid and I troll it regularly.

Page 2 of 2 First 12