Page 7 of 7 First ... 34567
    Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Neat. Cameras to look in on your neighbors perhaps?

Pulling your leg.
    Treasure hunting.
    '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post

Hence, this wonderful thread. It's nice that BS has an active thread for shotgun aficionados, rather than yet another gun control thread.

Even Ming dropped by...and he lives in a worst place than I do for handgun ownership. In fact, he and I have a long overdue date at the range, if I recall correctly.
    You should come on down sometime. Come November, you don't even need a CC to openly possess.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Oklahoma

Governor Kevin Stitt signed a bill Wednesday that makes it legal for most Oklahomans who are 21 or older to carry a gun without a license. Oklahoma joins more than a dozen states that allow eligible adults to carry firearms without taking a safety course or paying licensing fees.
    Under the new law, people wouldn’t have to undergo the current background check state law enforcement performs when people apply for a license. That background check is more rigorous than the one performed when a gun is purchased.

The new law also allows active military, veterans, and reserve military who are 18 or over to carry without a permit.
    Felons, those with domestic violence convictions and some people with mental illness are prohibited from carrying a firearm. The bill also allows private property owners and higher education institutions to set their own rules regarding the carrying of firearms on their property or campuses.

Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    You should come on down sometime. Come November, you don't even need a CC to openly possess.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Oklahoma
    My last experience in OK involved wildfires everywhere. But if climate change is as bad as they say, we might both be moving to the Colorado Mountains.

Hey Dung Beatle, how do you feel about men with lots of guns showing up and chilling out at your place come Armageddon? I know you don't live there now, but that's where I expect you to run to. Just a hunch.
    Last edited by W. Rabbit; 9/11/2019 11:59pm at .
    '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by lant3rn View Post
    Thanks, ill go by there sometime.

although now its doesn't sound as near as fun.
    S

Sporting clays is pretty fun. There are folks who ruin it by being super competitive, with specialized guns, etc.

I like trap too. It is good to learn fundamentals of wingshooting.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Thanks joe, I was just screwing the BKR though.

I know they have shells just for clays

http://www.bullseyelondon.com/reming...f-25-7172.html

I imagine those would do the job fairly well.
    No worries, I did not feel a thing.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    I am trying to take good care of it. That was the whole point of the thread
    You are doing fine.

Be careful not to get him oil or grease on the wood.

Joe "I should not comment on Anthony Weiner" Biden staff
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Also when I was 14 and he took me out with this exact gun; that was the load he had in it. The first time I fired... bam right on my ass.

He must howled for a good 10 mins... little more kick than the 22, he told me... I was not prepared and extremely embarrassed.
    I think I was 11 or 12 when I shot my first 12 ga. Put me right on my ass, in the cold, wet mud. Much lulz from the elder fams. I was not amused. But, I got a break action .410 for xmas, that year. In retrospect, I made out on the deal.

(edit) oh, and the bruise on my shoulder that lasted for weeks... that was nice.

Style
    what style?
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    I think I was 11 or 12 when I shot my first 12 ga. Put me right on my ass, in the cold, wet mud. Much lulz from the elder fams. I was not amused. But, I got a break action .410 for xmas, that year. In retrospect, I made out on the deal.
    I have not done a lot of shooting, so I'm not sure what is acceptable or outrageous for recoil but a few years later he took me on my first moose hunting trip with 300 win mag. and his Winchester 70.

I didn't fall over, but that definitely left a bruise. I had to put a few rounds through it to practise not flinching. He thought that was pretty funny too... I miss my grandpa.

Page 7 of 7 First ... 34567