Page 1 of 3 123 Last
    Style
    magic FUCKING powers!
    Writer (Independent)

[Approved Shilling] Cowboy Novels and Winning an Argument with my Wife

Former bullshidoka, ammy fighter and writer, Lampa, is back to doing one of those things!

Note: I am posting this with Phrost's permission.

After two years going dark on pretty much my entire online presence, I've come back with a fantasy western book written in a turn of the century dime novel style.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Social-Cover.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	35.2 KB 
ID:	18291
    Cover- War and Horses

Why am I telling you this- three very important reasons.

First, this novel was influenced greatly by my experience with the BS forums. Sambo Steve, whom I met via this board, introduced me to SAMBO and talented SAMBists I got to practice with- which is the basis for the sport referred to as "wrestling" in this fantasy world. Further, BS's very own Scrapper was the man who, indirectly, convinced me that I could take my ideas that I am interested in and put them out there for an audience, rather than failing to predict what the market wants. You guys are a big part of why I'm throwing my hat back into the writing ring.

Second, I'm trying to sell you something. Why else would someone use exclamation points on the internet!?

The small indie group of artists who turned my manuscript into a product, Oneshi Press, are currently running a kickstarter to fund the printing of the paperback version. If I can pique your interest talking about the project, here, pledging to the kickstarter is actually cheaper than buying either the digital or physical version when it hits retail. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ak-kickstarter

Name:	Social-LoniBrown.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	18292

Third, and perhaps most important, when I was talking to the guys at Oneshi about the kickstarter they wanted to run, I said that some people who used to follow my work would come out for it. My wife overheard this and scoffed, since instamodels, who can squat more in high heels than I, can't actually get people to buy their swag. I'm not sure if my ego can handle being empirically bested by my SO. I will have to do all I can to crush her.

The format is an old-style dime novel, and an actual, in-universe artifact. The "author" of War and Horses is a fictional journalist-turned-sensationalist who exists within the story, down to fictional historical photo prints and newspaper clippings that appear within its pages. It is neat, it is weird and I would love to talk about it with this community that shares my love of violence.

Joe "I should not comment on Anthony Weiner" Biden staff
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    In like Flynn. Good luck!

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    **** yeah. You had me at the picture of a horse with horns. I hope it gets backed. I may donate more if it gets close and it isn't going to make it.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    xingyi
    Awesome.

Style
    magic FUCKING powers!
    Writer (Independent)
    Thanks for the support, everyone.

Also, forgot my favorite promo image:

Name:	Social-WH-Dark-Maggie.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	33.0 KB 
ID:	18293

Style
    Mixed
    Awesome 2.0, as Fake put it.

I'd recommend against using word "bullshidoka" to describe yourself. It literally means "someone who practices bullshit ways" in Japanese.
    '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

Style
    magic FUCKING powers!
    Writer (Independent)
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post

I'd recommend against using word "bullshidoka" to describe yourself. It literally means "someone who practices bullshit ways" in Japanese.
    In fairness, I am printing fiction in the hope of eventually turning a profit off it.

Point taken and original edited.

Edit: Or I would have, except you apparently can't edit the top post?
    Last edited by Lampa; 9/07/2019 8:26am at .

Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampa View Post
    In fairness, I am printing fiction in the hope of eventually turning a profit off it.

Point taken and original edited.

Edit: Or I would have, except you apparently can't edit the top post?
    I have a friend whose wife apparently supports both of them doing nothing but self publishing on the Google and Apple stores.

So it's definitely possible...50 Shades of Grey was originally a self published ebook in 2009. By 2015 it had sold over 125M copies. By 2019, a movie trilogy and net worth of about $150M and Salmon Rushdie saying "I've never read anything so badly written that got published. It made Twilight look like War and Peace".

Not bad for a writer who basically put her mid life crisis into amateur fan fiction. I wish I could be so lucky...nobody on Earth wants to read my ****.

There's another self published sci-fi author on BS but I can't remember who atm. Something about far future sci-fi specops warfare.
    '“I am no advocate of passivity,” Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. “Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.”'

Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    I have a friend whose wife apparently supports both of them doing nothing but self publishing on the Google and Apple stores.

So it's definitely possible...50 Shades of Grey was originally a self published ebook in 2009. By 2015 it had sold over 125M copies. By 2019, a movie trilogy and net worth of about $150M and Salmon Rushdie saying "I've never read anything so badly written that got published. It made Twilight look like War and Peace".

Not bad for a writer who basically put her mid life crisis into amateur fan fiction. I wish I could be so lucky...nobody on Earth wants to read my ****.

There's another self published sci-fi author on BS but I can't remember who atm. Something about far future sci-fi specops warfare.
    Scrapper. First book was good. Haven't read the second, maybe third?

Yeah, we never exactly built a glossary of terms around here--one of the things I wanted to do with Bullshido.org. But for the record, you're right.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last