Page 3 of 3 First 123
  1. #21
    Lampa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Baldwin, NY
    Posts
    1,294
    Style
    magic FUCKING powers!
    Writer (Independent)
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    I must be the dullest member of this forum; somehow I was so captivated by the artwork and concept that I missed the fact there was a Kickstarter fund.

    I will donate what little I can right now.

    I will also have to chat with you about how influenced you were by The Dark Tower, because if you weren't something is wrong in Mid-World.

    It also turns out I am an experienced copy editor, so any time you want someone to take the time to actually fix up your prose, I'm here. Free of charge.
    You know, it's funny, because the setting is owned by Oneshi press, whose founder and I go way back. It was my idea to do a traditional western series in it and we integrated elements of the setting into a more straight, old-west whodunit. I understand there are some similarities, and I did like The Gunslinger (book, not movie) quite a bit. But, it wasn't really a big influence. The writing style is actually way outside anything I've seen King do, though we are both big into creating fictional regional dialects.

    Edit: The stuff I write for Oneshi are generally edited by Lynsey Griswold. However, the next thing I'll likely finish is a graphic novel with another group. So, I might very well take you up on that. Thank you.
    Last edited by Lampa; 9/10/2019 7:16pm at .

  2. #22
    Diesel_tke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pensacola, FL
    Posts
    6,339
    Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampa View Post

    Edit: The stuff I write for Oneshi are generally edited by Lynsey Griswold. However, the next thing I'll likely finish is a graphic novel with another group. So, I might very well take you up on that. Thank you.
    Make sure you post that bad boy up here too. Now that the ball is rolling, I must continue my Lampa collection.
    Combatives training log.

    Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

    Drum thread

    Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

  3. #23
    Lampa's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Baldwin, NY
    Posts
    1,294
    Style
    magic FUCKING powers!
    Writer (Independent)
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Make sure you post that bad boy up here too. Now that the ball is rolling, I must continue my Lampa collection.
    Well, that one's funny. I will be done with the dialogue and directions portion of the project, any day now. But, then, since its a graphic novel, that stuff actually has to get drawn, and the artist is doing it solely as a passion project because we always talked about doing something, together. So, it may not be my next finished product. The premise is that a 1920's racketeer gets involved in the world of magical organized crime after a simple collections job goes sideways. Big, ugly protagonist with no patience for mysticism fucks up a bunch of fantasy characters with his Colt 1903- I'm sure BS would love it.

    War and Horses is labeled "graphic novel" in the tag, but its actually a novel that heavily utilizes reference images, like the old dime novels its based on. And that took nearly a year between when I finished all the copy and when we had a complete book. But, hey, as we put out more stuff and more people take notice, it might give us the wherewithal to pick up the pace.

    Short version: The next time I have something ready to go, BS will be the first to know.

  4. #24

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Wa Chung Mountain, NJ
    Posts
    16,996
    Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by Lampa View Post
    Well, that one's funny. I will be done with the dialogue and directions portion of the project, any day now. But, then, since its a graphic novel, that stuff actually has to get drawn, and the artist is doing it solely as a passion project because we always talked about doing something, together. So, it may not be my next finished product. The premise is that a 1920's racketeer gets involved in the world of magical organized crime after a simple collections job goes sideways. Big, ugly protagonist with no patience for mysticism fucks up a bunch of fantasy characters with his Colt 1903- I'm sure BS would love it.
    Harry Potter meets Goodfellas? <3

Page 3 of 3 First 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in