Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456
  1. #51
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    36,176
    Style
    xingyi
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    So, moral decay, family break down, bad parenting? What?

    ?

    What garbage?

    What answers?

    Your thread. What says you?
    No more Chicago when trying to figure out what the **** is wrong with these crazy ass mass shooters. GIZMO already gave the oft repeated reasons for Chicago, also applies to other similar areas, which is most likely why danharr was set off.

    I do find it interesting that we have answers, but not for a specific subset of mass shooters except “crazy.”

  2. #52

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    7,268
    Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by lant3rn View Post
    Eastern Europe?
    Japan and Korea and some of the Arab countries were what I was thinking of.
    But I could point out a couple Eastern European countries that treat the Romani people harshly to your point.
    Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 9/01/2019 5:48am at .

  3. #53
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    8,468
    Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    No more Chicago when trying to figure out what the **** is wrong with these crazy ass mass shooters. GIZMO already gave the oft repeated reasons for Chicago, also applies to other similar areas, which is most likely why danharr was set off.

    I do find it interesting that we have answers, but not for a specific subset of mass shooters except “crazy.”
    Narcissistic?

    https://www.okhistory.org/publicatio...hp?entry=ED003

    USPS letter carrier Patrick H. Sherrill, a "disgruntled postal worker," fit the profile of a potential mass killer. A socially inept loner, he was unable to hold a job for long and blamed management for his problems. His fascination with guns was fed by service in the U.S. Marines and active participation in the Oklahoma Air National Guard, in which he became a small-arms expert. Frustrated at being formally disciplined by his postal supervisor several times, Sherrill had on two occasions threatened revenge. After receiving a reprimand on August 19, he reported to work on the morning of August 20 armed with three semiautomatic pistols and ammunition. He entered the facility, shot his supervisor to death, and tracked his co-workers through the building, killing fourteen and wounding six. He then killed himself.

  4. #54
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    8,468
    Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Thank you both for making my point and puposefully ignoring the sarcasm.

    You both just did exactly what I am talking about.

    Chicago gets mentioned for anything and everything. The point you both just raised applies to GUN BANS, crime and curbing specific city violence. Chicago's strict laws and what they do in their city should not be addressed when talking about another Mass Shootings like this one. Instead of talking about why this fucked in the head generation keeps killing people like a video game, ignoring what it says about the generation who raised them, at some point Chicago gets brought up as a major deflection.

    Person: 29 people died in a couple of mass shootings over the weekend.
    Rebuttal: yeah, but 56 people died in Chicago over the weekend.

    No, it has nothing to do with stats, laws or any other garbage.
    Point made.

    Bad parenting in many if not most cases.

  5. #55

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    7,268
    Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Thank you both for making my point and puposefully ignoring the sarcasm.

    You both just did exactly what I am talking about.

    Chicago gets mentioned for anything and everything. The point you both just raised applies to GUN BANS, crime and curbing specific city violence. Chicago's strict laws and what they do in their city should not be addressed when talking about another Mass Shootings like this one. Instead of talking about why this fucked in the head generation keeps killing people like a video game, ignoring what it says about the generation who raised them, at some point Chicago gets brought up as a major deflection.

    Person: 29 people died in a couple of mass shootings over the weekend.
    Rebuttal: yeah, but 56 people died in Chicago over the weekend.

    No, it has nothing to do with stats, laws or any other garbage.
    Sure it does.

    If one is data driven, utilitarian, and empirical in prioritizing resources, focus, laws, and funding to address murders, and violence.

    Mass shootings of the definition you refer to represent 1% of all annual firearm deaths in the U.S., and therefore should get 1% of the focus, funding, and resources, and should always be discussed in context of the rest of the 99% of the firearm deaths pie.

    And firearm murders should always be discussed in the context of murders.

    And firearm suicides should always be talked about in the larger context of suicides.

    If a mass murder is a deliberate act of terror or madness, then it also must be talked about in the larger context of terrorism or madness.
    Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 9/01/2019 8:43am at .

  6. #56
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    36,176
    Style
    xingyi
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    Sure it does.

    If one is data driven, utilitarian, and empirical in prioritizing resources, focus, laws, and funding to address murders, and violence.

    Mass shootings of the definition you refer to represent 1% of all annual firearm deaths in the U.S., and therefore should get 1% of the focus, funding, and resources, and should always be discussed in context of the rest of the 99% of the firearm deaths pie.

    And firearm murders should always be discussed in the context of murders.

    And firearm suicides should always be talked about in the larger context of suicides.

    If a mass murder is a deliberate act of terror or madness, then it also must be talked about in the larger context of terrorism or madness.
    Cute, but no.

    People single out and discuss only one point all of the time.

    People discuss gang shootings, you’ve done it on this website, without EVER discussing Mass Shootings or suicides.
    So, no, you can discuss one type of shooting without delving into poverty, gangs, length, amount or Chicago.

    I, nor the OP, said “how do we curb gun violence” or “ why are there so many Mass Shootings.” Then everything you tried to bring in is relevant.

    Right now, you are engaged in but what about Chicago.

  7. #57
    Cassius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,398
    Style
    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    You would be surprised. Modern social media is absolute hell. Instagram is particularly bad.
    A friendly suggestion: Unless you have extenuating circumstances (business owner, family situation that requires it), get rid of your social media. Make your world smaller. I did it awhile ago and am much happier for it.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

  8. #58
    ghost55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    7,480
    Style
    CQC
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Cassius View Post
    A friendly suggestion: Unless you have extenuating circumstances (business owner, family situation that requires it), get rid of your social media. Make your world smaller. I did it awhile ago and am much happier for it.
    I already got rid of facebook.

Page 6 of 6 First ... 23456

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in