Page 4 of 6 First 123456 Last
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    6,935
    Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    That's honestly a fair take. The real sad thing is if I had posted that a few years ago the satirical nature would have been far more obvious because such views were not nearly as mainstream. I miss the days when disliking Nazis wasn't considered to be a controversial stance.
    I don't think those views are mainstream.

    I think racial fears are actively being promoted by the Democratic Party and the Republican Party because it maximizes their donations and makes their membership base more motivated by fear.

    Most black people just want to live their lives.

    Most white people just want to live their lives.

    And most Hispanics and Asians just the same.

    The last thing we need is organized groups and brainwashed individuals promoting those racial and racism fears, to make everyone afraid they are being targeted, or feeling like **** because they are afraid they are being targeted, or both.

    Real racism does occur by people of all skin colors and ethnicities, by people of all skin colors and ethnicities, but we don't need to make the fear of racism it's own monster, because it produces more racism.
    Last edited by Dr. Gonzo; 8/31/2019 10:32pm at .

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Sarasota, FL
    Posts
    6,935
    Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
    I don't think those views are mainstream.

    I think racial fears are actively being promoted by the Democratic Party and the Republican Party because it maximizes their donations and makes their membership base more motivated by fear.

    Most black people just want to live their lives.

    Most white people just want to live their lives.

    And most Hispanics and Asians just the same.

    The last thing we need is organized groups and brainwashed individuals promoting those racial and racism fears, to make everyone afraid they are being targeted, or feeling like **** because they afraid they are being targeted, or both.

    Real racism does occur by people of all skin colors and ethnicities, by people of all skin colors and ethnicities, but we don't need to make the fear of racism it's own monster, because it produces more racism.
    I will admit, I have been to several countries where racism was much more mainstream than the US.

    It happens, particularly when those countries are much more homogenous than the U.S., or have particularly xenophobic cultures.

  3. #33
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    8,277
    Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    You would be surprised. Modern social media is absolute hell. Instagram is particularly bad.
    The world does not smell like ****.

    Again,

    Pull your head out of your ass. Take a whiff of life.

  4. #34
    ghost55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    7,290
    Style
    CQC
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    The world does not smell like ****.

    Again,

    Pull your head out of your ass. Take a whiff of life.
    Maybe I'm just burnt out. I need a fucking vacation. A week in Cartagena drinking mojitos and ignoring my phone sounds nice.

  5. #35
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    8,277
    Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    Maybe I'm just burnt out. I need a fucking vacation. A week in Cartagena drinking mojitos and ignoring my phone sounds nice.
    No

    You need to get out more, meet more people and have more experiences in life.

    With you on the whole ignoring the phone though.

    Alas,

    Quit with the whole "woe is me" shtick. It's tiring.

    Contribute to the thread meaningfully or kindly get the **** off.

  6. #36
    ghost55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    7,290
    Style
    CQC
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    No

    You need to get out more, meet more people and have more experiences in life.

    With you on the whole ignoring the phone though.

    Alas,

    Quit with the whole "woe is me" shtick. It's tiring.

    Contribute to the thread meaningfully or kindly get the **** off.
    I'm actually trying to get out and be more social these days. It's hard. People stress me out. There's also plenty of **** going on in my life I don't share on the internet. I don't like the internet very much. I think it's a net negative for our society.

  7. #37
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    8,277
    Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    I'm actually trying to get out and be more social these days. It's hard. People stress me out. There's also plenty of **** going on in my life I don't share on the internet. I don't like the internet very much. I think it's a net negative for our society.
    Life is a series of hills and valleys. Until you've overcome the former you can't appreciate the later. This bit of wisdom, real or not, was part of my proposal to my wife a long time ago. She fell for it. Give it a try. What do you have to lose?

    Pulling for you. Pull for yourself.

    note

    Wife is unsure today if she made the right decision.

  8. #38
    Dung Beatles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    2,621
    Style
    Autoimmune disease
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    What the ****? Get your head out of your ass.
    Well, at least get off Twitter and Instagram. I was sure surprised how controversial the anti-nazi platform has become on social media. I had a guy with swastikas all over his facebook page apply for a job a couple of years ago... by messaging me over facebook.

    When I didn't message back he got pissed off. I want to say he was fucking nuts one way or another but lately I've gotten the feeling that sanity really is a relative term. What's crazy when the tenets of the National Socialists start gaining traction again? Anecdotal evidence is worthless and all but anecdotally, **** is getting weird out there.

    The new generation is fucked in the head in both directions. It's a **** show.
    “When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.” Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas 1971, Raoul Duke

  9. #39
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    26,723
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Life is a series of hills and valleys. Until you've overcome the former you can't appreciate the later. This bit of wisdom, real or not, was part of my proposal to my wife a long time ago. She fell for it. Give it a try. What do you have to lose?

    Pulling for you. Pull for yourself.

    note

    Wife is unsure today if she made the right decision.
    Well,it's kinda late to be second-guessing herself...and you, for that matter.

    We just had a chat and some pizza with a former neighbor. Fine young man, got dealt a pretty shitty hand in life, not the worst, but bad enough. He has been working as a part--time janitor at middle and high schools. He is giving 2 weeks notice soon and going to go to lineman school. He has to disentangle himself from his family here, and take care of himself. It's taken him some time to come to that realization, but he seems to be motivated now.

    I even used Rayce as a good example of a young guy who became a lineman and now owns nice cars and has a smart and beautiful wife.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  10. #40
    hungryjoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    8,277
    Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    Hellacious thread hijack. Apologies, once again to the people cleaning the mess we often, for whatever reason(s) leave detritus.

Page 4 of 6 First 123456 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in