Page 3 of 3 First 123
    Style
    Autoimmune disease
    Quote Originally Posted by Leej View Post
    My generation fought for honor - win or lose we never fight weaker people- you get off on bullying .
    What generation is that? WWII? I'm sorry, this is just so full of self importance that I'm having problems taking you seriously.
    "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

The original sanda idea was a format for people who practice martial arts to compete within a rule set. But there was a centralized drive after the 80's when they were trying to make representative sport event and create some athletes, and they included methods from various disciplines to train the athletes, which of course included legs from muay thai, tkd, but also boxing hands and combined these with Shuai Jiao (chinese jacket wrestling) adapted fast throw methods. The key person in the shuai jiao aspect was a famous coach in Beijing named Li Baoru, he is still alive today. One of the techniques which the sanda guys developed well was the lead leg side kick. Over time it has evolved into a stand out method on its own within its own rule set

I did post a comment here but it seems to have disappeared?

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by wushutiger View Post
    I did post a comment here but it seems to have disappeared?
    You tripped the spam filter for some reason. Your post was auto moderated. It’s been approved so it will show up now.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    The original sanda idea was a format for people who practice martial arts to compete within a rule set. But there was a centralized drive after the 80's when they were trying to make representative sport event and create some athletes, and they included methods from various disciplines to train the athletes, which of course included legs from muay thai, tkd, but also boxing hands and combined these with Shuai Jiao (chinese jacket wrestling) adapted fast throw methods. The key person in the shuai jiao aspect was a famous coach in Beijing named Li Baoru, he is still alive today. One of the techniques which the sanda guys developed well was the lead leg side kick. Over time it has evolved into a stand out method on its own within its own rule set
    So what's your background?

Style
    CMA/JMA
    That's pretty much it. You can find the techniques in different styles of CMA, but most of the training methods come from modern disciplines, sure. Master Li Baoru's kuai jiao really turned Sanda into something else, though. Add elevated platforms to get extra China gong sau goodness.

"So what's your background?"

In a nutshell, I've been doing martial arts most of my life, starting with Japanese arts as a kid then moving onto chinese martial arts in my teens. I was a national representative athlete for Chinese Martial arts and then became an international judge. I was a technical committee member of the international wushu federation from 2011 - 2019. I have lived in China for the past 10 years but been training here since 2002. I have been a head judge, chief referee at sanda world cups and wushu world championships multiple times and the current english language version of the international sanda rules were written by me. For the last 15 years I have focused my own personal practice on traditional xingyi quan and bagua zhang and I moved to Beijing to be closer to my teacher, Di Guoyong for this purpose. I also practice BJJ here in Beijing which I started with Chet Quint, a Pedro Sauer black belt and I continue to practice this along side my Xingyi and Bagua daily as well.

More recently I interviewed Zhang Weili regarding her sanda and CMA background which is on my youtube channel, in which I have other instructional videos and other projects I have done, search in youtube for
    Senki - Episode 02 - Zhang Weili - Chinese Martial Artist

My channel is Mu Shin Martial Culture.

Page 3 of 3 First 123