Page 4 of 4 First 1234
  1. #31
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    26,729
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    Ronin, you remind me of my time as an anthropology student. The field seems to be full of people who do not have an intuitive grasp of the human condition and therefore wish to educate themselves by studying the subject. However, the subject is mostly made up of books etc written by the same outsider type as the audience. One wonders if the anthropologist actually grows to understand humans better by immersing oneself in these books, or if his clinical study of humans distances himself from them and would be better served by simply being among them.
    I had a good chuckle a few weeks ago, along same lines.

    A mutual acquaintance of the wife unit and myself was telling us how she taught a course on "oppression" at a college in Oregon. She waxed eloquent (she IS articulate and intelligent) on how she had to "study oppression extensively" in order to educate young hoomans on the subject in a college-level course.

    She basically claimed to be an expert on the topic.

    I found that hilariously amusing coming from a early-60s, well educated, middle class white woman (even though she is/was a hippy-type who lived remotely off grid for quite some time).

    I was about to begin my commentary when I got "the look" from the wife-unit...

    She and I talked about it after the friend left. Including the expert research she had done to validate the tourmaline/jade laden non-powered heating pads she recommended for my neck pain.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Mauritius
    Posts
    1
    Style
    PriestSIPOS

    So whats the deal with the cultural fear of being replaced in context of the US

    Because it shows that youre a cocky who doesnt know how to win with grace.

    If you win, then you win, and you honorably thank and commend your opponents for fighting with you.

  3. #33
    battlefields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    6,435
    Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    Quote Originally Posted by AngelSIP View Post
    Because it shows that youre a cocky who doesnt know how to win with grace.

    If you win, then you win, and you honorably thank and commend your opponents for fighting with you.
    /thread and if you don't agree then you're a cocky.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

  4. #34
    Joe "I should not comment on Anthony Weiner" Biden staff
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    11,107
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    I have had it with these motherfucking cockys on this motherfucking thread. /banhammer

  5. #35
    Cassius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    7,398
    Style
    Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    I have had it with these motherfucking cockys on this motherfucking thread. /banhammer
    Spammer ban is best ban.
    "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in