Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    I thought for a while about whether to validate this with a response, and finally decided to post the following reflection.

It's only obvious if you're in that primal, highly tribalistic mindset that you've previously articulated. If you're not in that mindset, then it's not obvious. So the fallacy in the above is the assumption that everyone must be in the same mindset.

I had thought that with the amount of money put into public education, and the relatively high quality of childhood nutrition in the United States, that perhaps many people had grown out of such a tribalistic mindset. That perhaps such things might be more ubiquitous in settings with poor childhood nutrition and no public education infrastructure. But, maybe this is not the case. Maybe many haven't had the chance to grow out of such a basic mindset.
    Why ponder these ideas? You're contribution will be how you lived your life and treated others.

Humanity is good. Make it better.

"What goes around, comes around."
    My father, circa 1970's.

Style
    xingyi
    Quote Originally Posted by Wounded Ronin View Post
    I thought for a while about whether to validate this with a response, and finally decided to post the following reflection.

It's only obvious if you're in that primal, highly tribalistic mindset that you've previously articulated. If you're not in that mindset, then it's not obvious. So the fallacy in the above is the assumption that everyone must be in the same mindset.

I had thought that with the amount of money put into public education, and the relatively high quality of childhood nutrition in the United States, that perhaps many people had grown out of such a tribalistic mindset. That perhaps such things might be more ubiquitous in settings with poor childhood nutrition and no public education infrastructure. But, maybe this is not the case. Maybe many haven't had the chance to grow out of such a basic mindset.
    You are so fucking pretentious it isn't even funny. Sorry, this post is to dumb too be naive. Our childhood obesity alone, in America, renders your post a fallacy on its own merit. Do we really need to dive into your fallacy about the American educational system?
    Last edited by It is Fake; 8/18/2019 8:52pm at .

Style
    German longsword, .45 ACP
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    You are so fucking pretentious it isn't even funny. Sorry, this post is to dumb too be naive. Our childhood obesity alone, in America, renders your post a fallacy on its own merit. Do we really need to dive into your fallacy about the American educational system?
    It's only pretentious if you expect less of people not if you expect more.

Yes the US has childhood obesity. Is there widespread protein deficiency? Blindness due to vitamin a deficiency? Rickets and beri beri? The nutrition may not be perfect but the kids have it better than many.

The education system likewise is flawed but again look at the level of resources on a global scale. It may not be perfect but the ability to access the information is there.

If these statements somehow upset you I think you should take a breath and relax. You're jumping through mental hoops to see things that exist only in your own mind.
    Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    The American educational system, as well as every other the world over, starts at home.

Strong values learned early have a way of taking root. Yea, we may deviate but if one has a strong foundation of and for doing right, one tends to care about others.

Who gives a ****? If during your goodby to life others speak to your character as someone who did, you did well.

Otherwise, who really gives a ****?

Everybody drink.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    The American educational system, as well as every other the world over, starts at home.

Strong values learned early have a way of taking root. Yea, we may deviate but if one has a strong foundation of and for doing right, one tends to care about others.

Who gives a ****? If during your goodby to life others speak to your character as someone who did, you did well.

Otherwise, who really gives a ****?

Everybody drink.
    Done! Also, sauteing fresh Rainbow caught in Clark Fork River.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Page 2 of 2 First 12