Style
    dead lifting

filipino martial arts?

Hey guys. Couple questions. Iím interested in getting into FMA. Iíve been out of it for awhile but my background is in JJJ, BJJ and submission wrestling. In my early 50s, ok shape, ride bike and lift weights, former competitive power lifter. I worked part time security/bouncing jobs for years and still fill in once and awhile at a friends business, my grappling and powerlifting background comes in handy for that type of work.

Two questions. Iím interested in FMA, kali/escrima mostly for fun. But will it also be useful for self defense, bouncing/security work in some aspects. And what do you think of this school thatís not terribly far from my work. Thanks in advance for any advice.

https://www.eoeskrima.com/fma

Style
    Dog Brothers Martial Arts
    With your skill set, fitness/strength base, and experience I'm guessing you will know how to assess things and absorb what is useful for you.

Style
    dead lifting
    Quote Originally Posted by Crafty Dog View Post
    With your skill set, fitness/strength base, and experience I'm guessing you will know how to assess things and absorb what is useful for you.
    Thanks for the reply.

Also much respect for all you have done for MA world.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    I believe the first step to intelligently approaching weapon defense is to understand weapon offense first. A good FMA school will teach this.