Style
    Goju Ryu

'Russian Knife Fencing' Tolpar

So as ya'll know Im making my pitstop list for where Im going. I was looking at Paris for travel, culture and some training in a local style. I looked at Kajyn for its martial arts classes (spoilers theres loads) and they have savate, luta livre and a good bunch of other bizarre ones. What got me is this 'Toplar' thing. It actually looks like an interesting sport format. It's basically knife fencing. Ive tried looking on here but I didnt see any posts about it, so I decided to share it with you guys and see what you thought of it?

I dont know if this would ever transfer to actual knife defense or not (and th teacher looks to have a systema background and 'tactical' training), but it does look fun.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    The sparring part basically looks like my training group when we spar knives.

Style
    Goju Ryu
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    The sparring part basically looks like my training group when we spar knives.
    An art form purely around this could be a decent addition to a club I think, and maybe as an extension of fencing in a more 'modern' sense.

Style
    SAMBO
    Of the Russian styles I'm familiar with, ROSS has a curriculum and competition format for knife and bayonet fencing. Whether or not this is related, I don't know since I've never trained in ROSS, but it looks similar.

Michael Tzadok would likely have a better answer since he spent some time in ROSS