Page 2 of 2 First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    You just picked it bro. Keep working on getting swole. Higher weight classes are generally softer if you don't get over powered.

weight classes are important. If you want to lose weight its something you need to think about in advance. Cutting 20 lbs in a short time is very unhealthy and its something I don't think young men and women should do.
    That makes sense. Thank you very much for your advice

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabaton_fan388 View Post
    How do I pick a weight class? Is that even something worth thinking about right now? I'm supposed to be gaining weight for football and powerlifting, so I don't know. Appreciate all everyone's help again
    You are going to be wrestling people who are slightly above the weight class, then cut weight right before a match to get under weight. If you are the bottom of the weight class, everyone else is going to be heavier than you. Weight makes a difference when you know how to use it. But so does strength. If you are stronger than those other guys, it won't matter. I've wrestled in heavy and open before and typically was stronger than the other guys. There was a bunch of people in heavy that just want to eat what they want and not cut weight. BUT I wrestled a giant that had to cut weight to get into heavy. That mother fucker was a beast and hard to handle.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    BJJ, wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    weight classes are important. If you want to lose weight its something you need to think about in advance. Cutting 20 lbs in a short time is very unhealthy and its something I don't think young men and women should do.
    The importance of this cannot be overstated. Short term weight cutting is not healthy, especially for young people.
    Shut the hell up and train.

Page 2 of 2 First 12