Page 3 of 3 First 123

Style
    MMA, Grappling
    Double post
    Last edited by Tramirezmma; 5/18/2019 10:54am at . Reason: Double post

Style
    MMA, Grappling
    Quote Originally Posted by kimjonghng View Post
    I guess it depends on if the OP wants to be lifting to fight or lifting to lift.

Generally if youre serious on lifting you will need some isolation work to get maximum results.
    That's a solid point. At this juncture I'm aiming to do my compound lifts with the heaviest weight itself under decent form. That's why they come first in the workout. I am then doing accessory work work an eye first toward strength, then hypertrophy.

As for getting serious about lifting, well my gym and available equipment for the budget might preclude me from that if you ask certain folks. I think that if I make do with what I have, and just do everything with as much intensity and proper form as possible... well that sounds serious enough until all my exercises become easy with my gym's heaviest dumbells. By that time, I'll have enough money for a more serious lifting gym, and should have lost enough fat not to care quite so much about cardio all the time.

Style
    MMA, Grappling
    Did 1 hour of chest and arms for hypertrophy. Got in about 9 exercises, then did an hour of cardio with 30 minutes of intervals. Felt like a fit dude today. Outworked everyone in the gym today.

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramirezmma View Post
    That's a solid point. At this juncture I'm aiming to do my compound lifts with the heaviest weight itself under decent form. That's why they come first in the workout. I am then doing accessory work work an eye first toward strength, then hypertrophy.

As for getting serious about lifting, well my gym and available equipment for the budget might preclude me from that if you ask certain folks. I think that if I make do with what I have, and just do everything with as much intensity and proper form as possible... well that sounds serious enough until all my exercises become easy with my gym's heaviest dumbells. By that time, I'll have enough money for a more serious lifting gym, and should have lost enough fat not to care quite so much about cardio all the time.
    You need to nextdoor and craigslist etc. I got free weights with a bench with leg-lifty things, a squat rack, and 280-ish pounds of iron for $80, cash. They are out there, for probably less than 1 month of gym commitment. I got a commercial-grade treadmill from goodwill for $99 - it does inclines and all sorts of crazy ****. Of course, it weights about 300 pounds on its own... first world problems.

So, two main points. 1) budget doesn't have to be an excuse, you can get the stuff if you look hard enough. 2) there's nothing wrong with bodyweight stuff in the interim. If you have a chair or bed or sofa, you have an incline for push-ups, a brace for sit-ups, and a place to chill between reps.

Style
    MMA, Grappling
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    You need to nextdoor and craigslist etc. I got free weights with a bench with leg-lifty things, a squat rack, and 280-ish pounds of iron for $80, cash. They are out there, for probably less than 1 month of gym commitment. I got a commercial-grade treadmill from goodwill for $99 - it does inclines and all sorts of crazy ****. Of course, it weights about 300 pounds on its own... first world problems.

So, two main points. 1) budget doesn't have to be an excuse, you can get the stuff if you look hard enough. 2) there's nothing wrong with bodyweight stuff in the interim. If you have a chair or bed or sofa, you have an incline for push-ups, a brace for sit-ups, and a place to chill between reps.
    Good advice my dude. Given the more remote nature of my new lodgings, I'm going to have to pick up some equipment somewhere.

Page 3 of 3 First 123