Page 2 of 2 First 12
  1. #11

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    25,187
    Style
    Chinese Boxing
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    Are you downtown? Last time I went I got to stay there, it's very nice and walkable, tons of bars and restaurants. This trip as usual I'm actually in Louisville, which is just east of Boulder.
    Lousville Texas or Kentucky? I'm actually in the business district. I got thrown by Mike Swain yesterday. Was have a blast at this convention until I went to their charity event and they turned me away saying they didn't take cash.

  2. #12

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    1,557
    Style
    MMA, Grappling
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Going to be in Denver this weekend for a business conference. Anyone up for a meet-up?
    Really? Right as I'm out of state? ****.

  3. #13

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    25,187
    Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Tramirezmma View Post
    Really? Right as I'm out of state? ****.
    Dude. Seriously. Where'd you go?

  4. #14
    NeilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    2,257
    Style
    Kendo
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Lousville Texas or Kentucky?
    Colorado. Why would I fly to Denver to go to Kentucky? Didn’t know there even was a Louisville, TX.

  5. #15

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    25,187
    Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    Colorado. Why would I fly to Denver to go to Kentucky? Didnít know there even was a Louisville, TX.
    I fail at thorough reading.

    Yeah Louiseville TX is just North of Dallas.

  6. #16

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    520
    Style
    Judo and HEMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    I fail at thorough reading.

    Yeah Louiseville TX is just North of Dallas.
    No it isn't, Lewisville, TX however is. I don't know why they insist on spelling it differently. But they do.

  7. #17
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    10,378
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by AcerTempest View Post
    No it isn't, Lewisville, TX however is. I don't know why they insist on spelling it differently. But they do.
    Maybe because the guy that owned the land named it after himself?

  8. #18

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    520
    Style
    Judo and HEMA
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Maybe because the guy that owned the land named it after himself?
    Ehh, actually he did. But not until 1853. Before that it was Holfords Prairie. And the town didn't incorporate till 1925 anyway so, ehh. Now it's a suburban lakeside community of mostly middle-upper income types.

    Pretty nice town actually for the most part.

  9. #19
    BKR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry, Idaho
    Posts
    25,768
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by AcerTempest View Post
    Ehh, actually he did. But not until 1853. Before that it was Holfords Prairie. And the town didn't incorporate till 1925 anyway so, ehh. Now it's a suburban lakeside community of mostly middle-upper income types.

    Pretty nice town actually for the most part.
    My sister lives in that area, it's pretty nice.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

  10. #20
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    10,378
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by AcerTempest View Post
    Ehh, actually he did. But not until 1853. Before that it was Holfords Prairie. And the town didn't incorporate till 1925 anyway so, ehh. Now it's a suburban lakeside community of mostly middle-upper income types.

    Pretty nice town actually for the most part.
    Yeah, I looked it up, first. Interesting reading.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hedgcoxe_War

Page 2 of 2 First 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in