Page 4 of 4 First 1234

Style
    Goju Ryu, Muay Chaiya
    Yes and yes, they are changing the history of Muay thai, all of this because of the importance of the sport in Thailand, even changed the national Muay Thai day, so they can relate the sports to Royalty..I never said the opposite, and in my original post you can see I explain about how Master Kade studied with 13 more Teachers appart from his father, governor of Chaiya, one very famous from Bangkok who was considered the central style...

this is from the text you linked;

¨…if we consider the origins of Muay Chaiya, one style about whose history we have reliable details. Kali relates that in the early nineteenth century a monk from Bangkok, Than Ma, moved to Chaiya and began teaching boxing there. According to Kali, the style of Muay that he taught was from Bangkok. In other words, those fighters who later fought at Prince Uruphong´s funeral and were subsequently celebrated as proponents of Muay Chaiya, were in fact reintroducing what was originally a Bangkok style.¨

In the text tehy do reference to Master Kade Siriyapath writings a lot. He is the lineage of Muay Chaiya, that is what he called his style, even if he learned from all the country, and Kru Praeng and Kru Lek were his students, there is the lineage again.

But at the end of the day, the important thing is the training and if you like it

Style
    what style?
    Quote Originally Posted by ccamara View Post
    Yes and yes, they are changing the history of Muay thai, all of this because of the importance of the sport in Thailand, even changed the national Muay Thai day, so they can relate the sports to Royalty..I never said the opposite, and in my original post you can see I explain about how Master Kade studied with 13 more Teachers appart from his father, governor of Chaiya, one very famous from Bangkok who was considered the central style...

this is from the text you linked;

¨…if we consider the origins of Muay Chaiya, one style about whose history we have reliable details. Kali relates that in the early nineteenth century a monk from Bangkok, Than Ma, moved to Chaiya and began teaching boxing there. According to Kali, the style of Muay that he taught was from Bangkok. In other words, those fighters who later fought at Prince Uruphong´s funeral and were subsequently celebrated as proponents of Muay Chaiya, were in fact reintroducing what was originally a Bangkok style.¨

In the text tehy do reference to Master Kade Siriyapath writings a lot. He is the lineage of Muay Chaiya, that is what he called his style, even if he learned from all the country, and Kru Praeng and Kru Lek were his students, there is the lineage again.
    That's not really a lineage... Muay Thai is a group effort... a gift from the collective people of Thailand and South East Asia. Labelling your own style of Muay, IMO, goes against the fundamental ethos of those that pioneered it.

Style
    Goju Ryu, Muay Chaiya
    NO one labelled it, the same as with Karate, each school was named depnding on the place you were studying, like Naha, Shuri etc...Chaiya is just the province where this guy moved and where the governor's family learned it. The style is now an amalgam of what Master Kade Siriyapad studied. As I said in my original post, Muay Boran Term is recent.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    I call bullshit. Everyone knows all of Asia has the best, safest, traffic law abiding and considerate drivers in the world.
    How about the power lines. Can we talk about the power lines hanging so low all over the place and generally being their to kill everyone. Pretty dang scary.

On topic, since we are talking anecdotal evidence, a friend of mine travels to Thailand pretty regularly. He has trained in the real Muay Thai. Well, he paid for some lessons, which didn't teach him anything he didn't learn in the states, and then they gave him a fight after like 3 days of training where he won against an old fat Thai dude who was smoking before and after the fight. He showed me what they showed him. So that pretty much makes me a lineage holder, right?
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    what style?
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    How about the power lines. Can we talk about the power lines hanging so low all over the place and generally being their to kill everyone. Pretty dang scary.

On topic, since we are talking anecdotal evidence, a friend of mine travels to Thailand pretty regularly. He has trained in the real Muay Thai. Well, he paid for some lessons, which didn't teach him anything he didn't learn in the states, and then they gave him a fight after like 3 days of training where he won against an old fat Thai dude who was smoking before and after the fight. He showed me what they showed him. So that pretty much makes me a lineage holder, right?
    Acording to OP, yes.

Those powerlines are there as a warning to any phalang with half a brain; you not not in fucking Kansas anymore.. now ....you want a maaasagggeee?

I was more in awe of the telephone cables presented in the form of the rats nests; held barely aloft my head throughout bigger cities. how the **** does anyone make sense of that ****?
    Last edited by lant3rn; 5/16/2019 1:14pm at .

King of The Island of Misfit Toys supporting member
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by lant3rn View Post
    Acording to OP, yes.

Those powerlines are there as a warning to any phalang with half a brain; you not not in fucking Kansas anymore.. now ....you want a maaasagggeee?

I was more in awe of the telephone cables presented in the form of the rats nests; held barely aloft my head throughout bigger cities. how the **** does anyone make sense of that ****?
    Go to Miami. Same ****.

Page 4 of 4 First 1234