Style
    Goju Ryu

Dunno if anyone has seen this Monkey style school, but here goes

So I got sent this from one of my gym buddies. These guys who are into fitness (unlike me, whose currently into fitn'ess pizza in my belly) stayed in taiwan (a place my more kung fu enthusiastic acquaintances make out to be the be all and end all place for chinese martial arts) and went to this monkey kung fu school. Now I've watched a few clips, and the teacher seems to at least be free of significant woo.

There's a video of body hardening I think some of you will know a lot more on than me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-STGb-Z6Ao&

and one on applications

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-STGb-Z6Ao&t=18s

Overall doesn't look that bad. Normally Im skeptical of anything monkey related due to the usual tumbling wushu emphasis but this doesnt seem bad. Perhaps a CMA-er of could tell me some pros and cons of
    Last edited by kimjonghng; 3/14/2019 1:55pm at .

Style
    CQC
    That looks like chinese kyokushin. I was worried until the guy started calling out CMA guys for being incapable of applying their **** in competition.

Style
    Goju Ryu
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    That looks like chinese kyokushin. I was worried until the guy started calling out CMA guys for being incapable of applying their **** in competition.
    some bits of the application video remind me of softer styles, but the kyokushin and karate vibe is something I picked up on as well.