Page 1 of 4 1234 Last
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT

Brokesit - can somebody please explain this?

I'm tired, and lazy, and was hoping for one of you limey bastards to explain in 10 sentences or less WTF is going on with Brexit.

From my perspective, there was a vote for UK to leave the EU. That was like three years ago. And, they still haven't left the EU, due to partisan bickering. I would just like a better understanding, so that I can be appropriately assholish when we start talking about this in detail.

TIA!

Style
    MMA, BJJ, Kickboxing
    David Cameron put out a vote for the leaving of the European union as a bluff because he didn't think the British people would go for it. Yobs not realising it was a bluff called him on it and voted to leave with out actually understanding what they voted for or even reading what they voted for.

David Cameron jumped ship leaving it to Teresa May to sort out and a bunch of confused MPs trying to sort something out that they didn't plan for at all.

Three years later we still have no idea what to do but we're now stuck in the bind that trying to go back on it would basically say **** you to democracy, going forward with it would be like jumping down a creek while some arse hole as nicked both the boat and the paddle...
    "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Style
    MMA, BJJ, Kickboxing
    Brexit is the equivalent of kneecapping ones self just to see what happens. Only to realise you did it in the middle of the woods.

Hence the proverb, if an idiot kneecaps himself in the woods and no one is there to hear it... Does any one actually give a ****?
    "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Style
    Jits
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    I would just like a better understanding, so that I can be appropriately assholish when we start talking about this in detail.
    De Gaulle was right.

Style
    Pumping iron
    Quote Originally Posted by DCS View Post
    De Gaulle was right.
    You went there!
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Style
    Playground warrior
    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovvolf View Post
    Brexit is the equivalent of kneecapping ones self just to see what happens. Only to realise you did it in the middle of the woods.

Hence the proverb, if an idiot kneecaps himself in the woods and no one is there to hear it... Does any one actually give a ****?
    Were there not a few voters for leaving that were against non-elected officials from the Union setting the rules for the Queen's populace and the Union in general?

Wrong thread but, England used to be a powerhouse of industry. Labor unions were in part, part of her downfall. The rise of cheap Asian products, at the time mostly Japanese, were anther big hit.

Outsider looking in. Europe gave the EU more power over the member nations than it should have. A loose confederation of allies would have been more fluid, prosperous and able to make decisions at the local level. Something along the line of our state and federal distinctions.

again

Outside, looking in.

Style
    Autoimmune disease
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovvolf View Post
    David Cameron put out a vote for the leaving of the European union as a bluff because he didn't think the British people would go for it. Yobs not realising it was a bluff called him on it and voted to leave with out actually understanding what they voted for or even reading what they voted for.
    I have no idea what a "yob" is but I think it's a fancy word so I'm going to start calling people yobs when I'm upset at them.

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Dung Beatles View Post
    I have no idea what a "yob" is but I think it's a fancy word so I'm going to start calling people yobs when I'm upset at them.
    Seems like you've got the right idea.

Style
    MMA, BJJ, Kickboxing
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Were there not a few voters for leaving that were against non-elected officials from the Union setting the rules for the Queen's populace and the Union in general?

Wrong thread but, England used to be a powerhouse of industry. Labor unions were in part, part of her downfall. The rise of cheap Asian products, at the time mostly Japanese, were anther big hit.

Outsider looking in. Europe gave the EU more power over the member nations than it should have. A loose confederation of allies would have been more fluid, prosperous and able to make decisions at the local level. Something along the line of our state and federal distinctions.

again

Outside, looking in.
    You're not wrong and it's not that I disagree with the idea of leaving the European union. I just wished we had an actual plan thought out a head of time.

We've done the equivalent of that one guy we all know that thinks he's bad arse but never stepped into a gym in his life, bad mouthing some one like Chuck Liddel in is prime. Then when called out and backed into a corner with no way of getting out of it. Saying "oh I better start to train now... what's a sprawl" only adjusted for time scale, he's got 3 months before fight night.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last