Page 7 of 7 First ... 34567
    Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    Throw the asshat in an American prison for say, a year. He has a fighting chance.

He can come out, maybe make a comeback and sell the movie rights.

The American Dream version X.O something or other.
    He would get probation and local jail, probably.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    He would get probation and local jail, probably.
    Have heard from sources, dependent on location, local jail is more brutal than prison. Maybe he'll tell the populace he's a ninjer.

Backside, maybe he'll go for mental observation in some facility. My beef with Ron, whom I've never met, is his history with minor girls. That ****'s not forgivable.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Have heard from sources, dependent on location, local jail is more brutal than prison. Maybe he'll tell the populace he's a ninjer.
    I wouldn't say more brutal. You have a different dynamic going on. In Jail you have people who have been locked up that are completely innocent and just waiting for court, people who are completely guilty waiting for court, people who have already been convicted serving time, and people who have already been convicted waiting for retrial. In prison, everyone is convicted and serving time.

Another issue with Jail is that the people who have not been convicted of anything still have rights. But when you have a thousand inmates to house, you get some overlap. Then career inmates will try to take advantage of that situation. A guard who hasn't been working a long time is easier to manipulate.

Then you have the environment. In a prison, the environment is way more controlled. Less contraband coming in, inmates have less rights, inmates are more conditioned to the routine. In a jail, you have inmates coming in strait from the street, visitors coming in all the time, and inmates being transported to all kinds of places for court, medical, and transfers. Then lifers mixing with short timers, orderlies, and visitors.

So you have way more hustles going on in a jail, more convicts trying to take advantage of inmates, and more drugs being passed around.

It's an interesting environment.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ

Backside, maybe he'll go for mental observation in some facility. My beef with Ron, whom I've never met, is his history with minor girls. That ****'s not forgivable.
    Diesel would know more than me. The main thing inmates tell me is that you generally have more freedom of movement, and programs, work, available in prison than in local jails. Misdemeanors will get you into county jail, and most places AFIK misdemeanors carry max 1 year in county jail. Of course, consecutive multiple counts on separate incidents might get you there, but that's not common IME.

A small county jail like ours is VERY restricted. You are basically just sitting there 24/7 unless you get to work outside, and not everybody gets to do that. I've been told the food in prison is generally better, as well, although, "better" is relative...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    This is now a brexit civil war thread. Anyone else hyped to see where the first car bomb blows when we get hard brexit and the Good Friday agreement is broken at the end of the month?
    There already was one in Derry two months ago. A former training partner of mine went into the police, and says they're rushing everyone through riot training. Good times ahead!

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsteryank View Post
    There already was one in Derry two months ago. A former training partner of mine went into the police, and says they're rushing everyone through riot training. Good times ahead!
    Sweet! Riot training is pretty fun. About the only time you get to bust each other up with weapons.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    MMA
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Sweet! Riot training is pretty fun. About the only time you get to bust each other up with weapons.
    Lol, is it still CS, sharkies and hockey masks? It's nice to know our first responders get some fun out of their underpaid jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Goddamn. A felony for breaking someone’s phone. That’s pretty stiff. But whatever. He’s a dick. Who cares?
    Depending on the phone it could have cost a good $800 or more. Most places put felony vandalism around the $400 mark. I foresee a future where Conor and Jones each control half of a prison and have their own bitch gangs that go to war with each other.

King of The Island of Misfit Toys supporting member
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post

And I believe the Sociocide collective advised me to find one with a big ‘personality.’.
    Yea.... that would be nice I guess but it would be cool if she had a huge rack.

Style
    MMA
    Polish girls are awesome. They've good humour and can handle their vodka. Think there's a reason just about every car sales has one working in reception. I fought in Newcastle on my bday once and still think about the one in the strip club that night.

Karolina Kowalkiewicz when asked if she was afraid during McGregor's bus attack ...‘"No, I am from Poland."

Na zdrowie!

Page 7 of 7 First ... 34567