Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    It is the ramblings of a toe dipping outlier pretending to understand nerd culture. It is pretty funny. It's like a kid with a backyard swimming pool claiming scuba diving is dead. Nerd culture hasn't been accepted, nor has it died. The outliers have taken aspects of nerdom and then pretended "that's what nerds do, we now own it."

Permalost is talking about ageism, a totally different topic.
    Granted I'm on the old side but always thought of the nerds as the ones in school that so many made fun of. Not necessarily glasses and pocket protectors. Those people that tended to go on to six figure salaries while Jim the quarterback ended up selling used cars.

If honest with self, I'm split on the ageism issue. So many things today are better and yet, feel some of those same things can be detrimental to one's development and culture in general. Note, said "can be".

Style
    Pro-Wrestling/PitFighting
    My new channel is going to feature a lot of comic book content. It'll all be tailor-made to piss people off.

My first video's going to be about how Bob Kane is the greatest comic book writer of all time.
    Dan Severn loves raping people.

Style
    decrepit mouth boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post
    My new channel is going to feature a lot of comic book content. It'll all be tailor-made to piss people off.

My first video's going to be about how Bob Kane is the greatest comic book writer of all time.
    Any chance you'll hype Mad Magazine as one of the best ever? That should start some ****.

edit

Most viewers will need to first consult Google.

Style
    street paddleboarding
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    Permalost is talking about ageism, a totally different topic.
    ...I'm talking about discrimination based on age?

Style
    xingyi
    Quote Originally Posted by Permalost View Post
    ...I'm talking about discrimination based on age?

What you just described is age based bias. You do know, the whole "back in my day" is ageism. You do understand dismissing SJW's because it was better "back in a simpler" time is discriminatory.

Nerds and their hobbies are always outliers. Comic book nerds like the movies, you liking the movies doesn't make you a comic book nerd. D&D is nerdy, having aspects of your nerd hobby put into videogames or movies doesn't make you a nerd.

So, yes, you threw in the hobbies, but you are describing ageism and the world passing you by, not nerd culture dying.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 3/12/2019 9:15pm at .

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Holy Moment View Post

You should head over to Red Bank and try to go all Sacha Baron Koehn on Kevin Smith and his staff as Jay and Slient Bob's Secret Stash.
    Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Style
    Pro-Wrestling/PitFighting
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
    You should head over to Red Bank and try to go all Sacha Baron Koehn on Kevin Smith and his staff as Jay and Slient Bob's Secret Stash.
    He's never there.
    Dan Severn loves raping people.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    I know a guy who goes to a comic book shop a few nights a week. He has a group of guys who meet up and they have these miniature creatures that they have all collected and painted. They play the miniature things on these elaborate came boards that they have built. They do this for hours. Sometimes they go to conventions where they have competitions using these things. If that aint nerd culture, I don't know what is.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Page 2 of 2 First 12