Page 4 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. #31
    NeilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    2,237
    Style
    Kendo
    So you are arguing why?

  2. #32

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    25,097
    Style
    Chinese Boxing
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    So you are arguing why?
    Because I don't agree that all those bullet points are an underlying feminist agenda (paraphrasing here).

  3. #33
    Dung Beatles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,543
    Style
    Autoimmune disease
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    You must have missed my post from the other thread.


    Almost as bad as minoring in Art History.
    Unless you read or consume scripted media apparently. Jesus, you're basically making an assumption that you think you can draw assumptions about other people's interpretation of writing while insulting academic studies of the exact same subject.

    News flash: Writing choices in big budget movies are usually not coincidental, just like they aren't coincidences in books. Every message follows a theme from beginning to end in major works of writing. If a thing follows a constant theme then it's probably intentional because absolutely every movie has an underlying subtext story arc, except Ghostbusters.

    English literature is a study of communication through the written word in an artistic format. What you're saying is basically you're Dobie Gillis and I'm a defective person for having an informed opinion. Appeal to ignorance much?

  4. #34
    Dung Beatles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,543
    Style
    Autoimmune disease
    I recommend this series to people who want to learn about subtext in movies


  5. #35

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    25,097
    Style
    Chinese Boxing
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dung Beatles View Post
    Unless you read or consume scripted media apparently. Jesus, you're basically making an assumption that you think you can draw assumptions about other people's interpretation of writing while insulting academic studies of the exact same subject.

    News flash: Writing choices in big budget movies are usually not coincidental, just like they aren't coincidences in books. Every message follows a theme from beginning to end in major works of writing. If a thing follows a constant theme then it's probably intentional because absolutely every movie has an underlying subtext story arc, except Ghostbusters.

    English literature is a study of communication through the written word in an artistic format. What you're saying is basically you're Dobie Gillis and I'm a defective person for having an informed opinion. Appeal to ignorance much?
    Your missing the point. I don't like:
    Movie Critics
    English Literature Specialists
    Art History Experts
    Film Theory Majors
    or anything along those lines.

    To me it's just a group of over thinkers that want to lend their opinion which are usually opinions that they heard somewhere else. I didn't make any assumptions I told you I don't see what you're seeing from the points that you are making (except the No Doubt song, that I can agree with). All you guys are reaching and full of yourself, yes I'm being biased. Understand this too, you could be right. I don't believe I said you were wrong. I'm just rolling my eyes because this is just as bad as the other critic Battlefields told me to watch who complained that "The colorization in the movie isn't what I would expect from a Marvel movie" and "The smaller stories were fine onto themselves but didn't link together homogeneously."

    You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. I mean did you say anything like that when watching Steve Rogers get bullied, looked down upon, and ridiculed during his training in "Captain America: The First Avenger"? That's all I see about your first few points. Here was a person raised to keep getting up and fighting on when the odds are against them.

  6. #36
    It is Fake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    35,755
    Style
    xingyi
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Guys, I am so anti feminist that my daughter actually wrote an essay using my talking points to her liberal English teacher. You guys are insecure as **** if that’s what you got from all that.
    TO me you are not, but I tend not to argue the point becuase these are words and a face to face discussion would be better.

    Even more so because of your use of some feminist/leftist/conservative/blah blah blah rhetoric is hard to determine. "Insecure" is a common refrain from feminist, racists, bigots and a legit point I can never tell from anyone.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 3/11/2019 1:53pm at .

  7. #37

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    25,097
    Style
    Chinese Boxing
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by It is Fake View Post
    TO me you are not, but I tend not to argue the point becuase these are words and a face to face discussion would be better.

    Even more so because of your use of some feminist/leftist/conservative/blah blah blah rhetoric is hard to determine. "Insecure" is a common refrain from feminist, racists, bigots and a legit point I can never tell from anyone.
    Fair point. I am not really anti feminists as much as not pro feminist. As far as modern feminist are concerned you’re either with them or against them.

  8. #38
    Holy Moment's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    7,645
    Style
    Pro-Wrestling/PitFighting
    1
    Anybody see Lucky with Harry Dean Stanton?

    Dan Severn loves raping people.

  9. #39
    kimjonghng's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,665
    Style
    Goju Ryu
    Suprised they killed Min-nerva like that when shes one of Carol's big antagonists. Frankly I would not be surprised if she survives the blast and comes back later as a version similar to her comic book counterpart.

    Skrull changes explain why they arent a major threat to everything in the MCU and I liked them as characters.

    Ronan, as expected, did nothing of note.

    Carol is a lot better when she has people to bounce off of.

  10. #40
    3
    I thought it was okay.

    I have still yet to see any of the criticism of the film's social commentary that wasn't based entirely on nerd incels being upset at their playground being trod on by someone who won't **** them.

Page 4 of 5 First 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in