Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
  1. #21

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    25,097
    Style
    Chinese Boxing
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    No, just smarter than you.
    Over analyzing a movie is not a sign of intelligence Neil. You getting butt hurt over an observation makes me think I hit close to the mark.

  2. #22
    NeilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    2,237
    Style
    Kendo
    You say butt hurt, I say snappy comeback. It’s not over analysis when the sub-text is pretty much text. If you don’t see it, there’s nothing else to say.

  3. #23
    Dung Beatles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,543
    Style
    Autoimmune disease
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post

    Grow a pair.
    I'm not complaining about feminism, I'm not hurt by the message of the movie.

    What you need to do is understand how subtext is used in cinema instead of getting angry that I was capable of seeing it.

  4. #24
    Dung Beatles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,543
    Style
    Autoimmune disease
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Guys, I am so anti feminist that my daughter actually wrote an essay using my talking points to her liberal English teacher. You guys are insecure as **** if thatís what you got from all that.
    Then you should have your daughter give you a lesson on how subtext is used to add depth and morality tales in modern cinema.

    Why do you think that reading comprehension makes people insecure?

    I guess you think that "Just a Girl" was played loudly throughout that fight scene because it was a catchy fighting tune for just anyone to beat bad guys up.

    I can totally see Rocky Balboa working out to Coal Miner's Daughter now. You're right. I'm such a sexist.

  5. #25

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    25,097
    Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    You say butt hurt, I say snappy comeback. Itís not over analysis when the sub-text is pretty much text. If you donít see it, thereís nothing else to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dung Beatles View Post
    I'm not complaining about feminism, I'm not hurt by the message of the movie.

    What you need to do is understand how subtext is used in cinema instead of getting angry that I was capable of seeing it.
    One, I am not angry.

    Two, what If this was a male character?

    Three, history, this **** actually did happen.

    I donít care if that is what you two got from the film, I look at it with why did you get that from the film. You know, from a psychology point of view.

  6. #26

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    25,097
    Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Dung Beatles View Post
    Then you should have your daughter give you a lesson on how subtext is used to add depth and morality tales in modern cinema.

    Why do you think that reading comprehension makes people insecure?

    I guess you think that "Just a Girl" was played loudly throughout that fight scene because it was a catchy fighting tune for just anyone to beat bad guys up.

    I can totally see Rocky Balboa working out to Coal Miner's Daughter now. You're right. I'm such a sexist.
    Literally would be your best argument instead of the multi point diatribe you wrote earlier.

  7. #27
    NeilG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Saskatoon, Canada
    Posts
    2,237
    Style
    Kendo
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Three, history, this **** actually did happen.
    That's kind of the point, that this sort of **** did happen and continues to happen, and therefore there is more work to be done to achieve equality. I'm not insecure, I like and applaud the message that the movie is putting out. I'm just not sure why you don't see it.

  8. #28
    Dung Beatles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,543
    Style
    Autoimmune disease
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    One, I am not angry.

    Two, what If this was a male character?
    The story would have needed an entirely different script.

    Three, history, this **** actually did happen.
    Sure, which is why it was included in the film's subtext to demonstrate the need for their overarching morality tale. Which was present and I'm not just a girl hating sexist bastard for being able to see.

    I donít care if that is what you two got from the film, I look at it with why did you get that from the film. You know, from a psychology point of view.
    That's easy. I minored in English Literature. Because I'm sexist and I hate women.

  9. #29

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    25,097
    Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilG View Post
    That's kind of the point, that this sort of **** did happen and continues to happen, and therefore there is more work to be done to achieve equality. I'm not insecure, I like and applaud the message that the movie is putting out. I'm just not sure why you don't see it.
    You must have missed my post from the other thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dung Beatles View Post
    The story would have needed an entirely different script.



    Sure, which is why it was included in the film's subtext to demonstrate the need for their overarching morality tale. Which was present and I'm not just a girl hating sexist bastard for being able to see.



    That's easy. I minored in English Literature. Because I'm sexist and I hate women.
    Almost as bad as minoring in Art History.

  10. #30

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    25,097
    Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    You must have missed my post from the other thread.

    Here you go:

    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    if there was any feminism it would be the 'second wave' version that tells women that they are capable. I've always been okay with that type of feminism.

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in