Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Potential Goldmine For YMAS Video LOLs - Defence Lab

A friend shared this video on Facebook and oh **** yes it is bad. Not only does it feature completely impractical advice, but it also has the gift that is a high production value, meaning science gets to be abused in the process.

Check out their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/DefenceLab/

I'm not going to link their website here because it will help their organic ranking and I'd rather no one found these guys, but holy ****, amazing.

Seriously, they have "one technique a week" and it is a LOL-fest of LARPery and attempted badassery. I say attempted because that is exactly what I mean.

Check out the attack from within guard.

Or this legendary one from mount.

Or a modified parry.

Or another multiple attacker scenario.

I don't think I have been this satisfied with a find in years, I did a search and nothing came up, so I hope it is a fresh one for you all too.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

Style
    all things in Moderation
    Oh Defense Lab! Yes yes yes... I will have to find their old threads.

Low hanging fruit they are not. The little fantasy warriors will put up quite a fuss if you can get them engaged.

Man I wish I had more time... some of their old threads were magical.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Yeah, these guys were a KFM splinter group, iirc. We've discussed them lots, here.

Style
    Judo, BJJ
    Is it just me or are those links no longer working. Can't seem to watch any of the vids

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    Well, those links are fine for me, but they are outdated now so I'm going to run with this new thread.
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    I <3 Battlefields...

Style
    Judo, BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    Well, those links are fine for me, but they are outdated now so I'm going to run with this new thread.
    I meant to the vids you linked in OP not the old thread

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    Quote Originally Posted by brend0_ View Post
    I meant to the vids you linked in OP not the old thread

They were linked from my personal account, but I tested them in a work account and they worked. If they don't, I've provided the Facebook page, or should I watch them for you again and give you a blow by blow?
    I <3 Battlefields...

Style
    Judo, BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    They were linked from my personal account, but I tested them in a work account and they worked. If they don't, I've provided the Facebook page, or should I watch them for you again and give you a blow by blow?
    I probably have to like the page or something. Brains a little slow today was out late at a concert last night.

Although you giving a blow by blow does still sound potentially amusing.

Style
    all things in Moderation
    They worked fine for me on desktop (the bookface video links).

Thanks to Sub for the inhouse links. I know there is at least one other one.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Page 1 of 2 12 Last