Style
    TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing

UFC 234: Whittaker vs. Gastelum

Watched these two come up the ranks nice to see them headline. Wow fights across 3 platforms brings back the memories here's the line up.

Main Card
    Weight class Method Round Time Notes
    Middleweight Robert Whittaker (c) vs. Kelvin Gastelum [a]
    Middleweight Israel Adesanya vs. Anderson Silva
    Bantamweight Rani Yahya vs. Ricky Simón
    Women's Flyweight Montana De La Rosa vs. Nadia Kassem
    Light Heavyweight Jim Crute vs. Sam Alvey
    Preliminary Card (ESPN)
    Lightweight Devonte Smith vs. Dong Hyun Ma
    Featherweight Shane Young vs. Austin Arnett
    Flyweight Kai Kara-France vs. Raulian Paiva
    Bantamweight Teruto Ishihara vs. Kyung Ho Kang
    Early Preliminary Card (UFC Fight Pass)
    Lightweight Lando Vannata vs. Marcos Rosa Mariano
    Lightweight Callan Potter vs. Jalin Turner
    Bantamweight Wuliji Buren vs. Jonathan Martinez
    Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.

Style
    MMA
    Thought it was cool Chael and Cowboy offered to step in at last minute. Since Bellator allows for TRT and Anderson wants the UFC yo allow it that'd be some drama afterwards regardless. Did Whittaker have a hernia all along?

It's cool having Stylebender around, but don't like how a lot of people thought he'd just run through Silva. I'm pretty impressed to see a striker his age perform so well out of his prime. I know the fans wouldn't have had it, but I'm curious to know what would have happened between those two on the ground as complete fighters actually testing actual MMA skill vs athleticism.

Style
    Bjj, mma
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulsteryank View Post
    Thought it was cool Chael and Cowboy offered to step in at last minute. Since Bellator allows for TRT and Anderson wants the UFC yo allow it that'd be some drama afterwards regardless. Did Whittaker have a hernia all along?

It's cool having Stylebender around, but don't like how a lot of people thought he'd just run through Silva. I'm pretty impressed to see a striker his age perform so well out of his prime. I know the fans wouldn't have had it, but I'm curious to know what would have happened between those two on the ground as complete fighters actually testing actual MMA skill vs athleticism.
    the facebook comments on this fight made my head hurt. Idiots claiming adesanya was holding back cos silva is his idol and they werent going all out. Adesanya is going to have a wake up call if he goes up against a proffcient grappler. Hes a great striker but he hasnt really been tested on the ground.

Style
    CQC
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravbizarre View Post
    the facebook comments on this fight made my head hurt. Idiots claiming adesanya was holding back cos silva is his idol and they werent going all out. Adesanya is going to have a wake up call if he goes up against a proffcient grappler. Hes a great striker but he hasnt really been tested on the ground.
    The Brunson fight showed some excellent TDD.

Style
    Bjj, mma
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    The Brunson fight showed some excellent TDD.
    Thats because brunson telegraphs heaps. The problem isnt that he cones out in bursts, because romero does also but its he does it from too far away.

Style
    TKD/ BJJ/Kickboxing
    For those who missed the event

https://mmaversus.com/category/fight-videos-2/

Smiling Sam with the TKO sorry pal if you're not intelligently defending yourself fight is over. Adesanya fought a smart fight against a dangerous veteran people are morons.
    Fu Hung Hsieh remains Fu Hung Hsieh and Kung-tzu Yu remains Kung-tzu Yu.