Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by anthracite View Post
    Took my vacination record from the USMC to the county health department before I first started traveling to Asia. I'm now protected from just about everything but Ebola. Flu shots still leave me feeling like crap for 2-3 days.

Noro virus has been my most frequent issue. Yeah, China sucks. 4 and 5 star hotels where you still have to brush your teeth with bottled water. Salads and other raw veggies? Not happening.
    Norovirus is a curse. I had it once. I'd rather have salmonella, which I've had twice.

(edit) here's my norovirus story:

Wife and kids had just returned home from a summer trip, which is probably how they contracted it - air travel. Before any symptoms, eldest fell out of bed during naptime, and fractured her clavicle. EMS called, stretcher wouldn't make the corner, so I helped the techs pass the stretcher through the window, then rode along to hospital. Evaluated for child abuse (which is always a good time), then finally got her x-rays. Strapped her up, and gave morphine. Flash forward to 10-12 hours later, she starts puking. Told that it's the morphine, and we have to stop administering, so she's in excruciating pain, and still also vomiting. Flash forward another 12 hours, and wife is also vomiting, and another 6 or so before I start. Worst weekend of my life. We all slept in/next to puke because 0 energy to get up and clean. Infant daughter luckily never caught it.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutcracker, sweet View Post
    Norovirus is a curse. I had it once. I'd rather have salmonella, which I've had twice.

(edit) here's my norovirus story:

Wife and kids had just returned home from a summer trip, which is probably how they contracted it - air travel. Before any symptoms, eldest fell out of bed during naptime, and fractured her clavicle. EMS called, stretcher wouldn't make the corner, so I helped the techs pass the stretcher through the window, then rode along to hospital. Evaluated for child abuse (which is always a good time), then finally got her x-rays. Strapped her up, and gave morphine. Flash forward to 10-12 hours later, she starts puking. Told that it's the morphine, and we have to stop administering, so she's in excruciating pain, and still also vomiting. Flash forward another 12 hours, and wife is also vomiting, and another 6 or so before I start. Worst weekend of my life. We all slept in/next to puke because 0 energy to get up and clean. Infant daughter luckily never caught it.
    Yep, that sounds like a terrible experience. But let me add this into the mix. So I mentioned that my wife was an epidemiologist, right? So every time I either got diarrhea or started puking, my wife in stead of turning into a loving and nurturing wife, turns into some kind of evil scientist. Every time, she would show up with all this biohazard **** and make me either puke into a cup for a sample or poop into a cup for a sample. You know how miserable that is? To first of all be cramping all up on the toilet every 15 minutes and then to have to squat over a cup to give her a sample. Well, let me tell you, it's freaking weird.

Here's the thing though. She was ship that stuff off to the lab and get results back pretty quick. But in the end, it was all just for her sadistic pleasure because by the time you get the results back, there isn't anything you can do about it anyway.

My life is pretty weird. Nightmares are made of the stuff I've seen in life and half of that just at my house! :D
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_Claus View Post
    Yep, that sounds like a terrible experience. But let me add this into the mix. So I mentioned that my wife was an epidemiologist, right? So every time I either got diarrhea or started puking, my wife in stead of turning into a loving and nurturing wife, turns into some kind of evil scientist. Every time, she would show up with all this biohazard **** and make me either puke into a cup for a sample or poop into a cup for a sample. You know how miserable that is? To first of all be cramping all up on the toilet every 15 minutes and then to have to squat over a cup to give her a sample. Well, let me tell you, it's freaking weird.

Here's the thing though. She was ship that stuff off to the lab and get results back pretty quick. But in the end, it was all just for her sadistic pleasure because by the time you get the results back, there isn't anything you can do about it anyway.

My life is pretty weird. Nightmares are made of the stuff I've seen in life and half of that just at my house! :D
    You two are obviously closer than we are. I would have said, "You want a sample? I won't flush, go get it yourself."

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    You two are obviously closer than we are. I would have said, "You want a sample? I won't flush, go get it yourself."
    She has some kind of control over me. I don't know how she gets me to do the stuff she does. Most other people in life find me to be completely unmanageable. She's my kryptonite, I guess.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    That is a rookie mistake.

Never, never challenge or tell an over-enthusiastic medical professional with no sense of hesitation or restraint and plenty of gloves, and a full kit, to get the sample themselves.

Not when they live with you, or have access to your food or drinks, or have access to you while you sleep.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by Krampus View Post
    That is a rookie mistake.

Never, never challenge or tell an over-enthusiastic medical professional with no sense of hesitation or restraint and plenty of gloves, and a full kit, to get the sample themselves.

Not when they live with you, or have access to your food or drinks, or have access to you while you sleep.
    Yeah, you know I've seen how they get stool samples from my dogs. It doesn't look comfortable. And I sure don't want my wife getting any ideas.
    Combatives training log.

Drum thread

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    First, glad your daughter is going to be okay. Fucking anti-vaxxers, cunts the lot of them.

Second, is it really libertarians you mean, or is it fucking kook morons who also buy crystals for their healing power? Cause I would say I'm definitely in the camp of a libertarian and I am as far from an anti-vaxxer as imaginable. I view anti-vaxxers as depriving other's of the freedom to live. Maybe I'm an outlier though, I never read the libertarian manifesto.

I heard a great thing the other day, anyone who denies their child getting vaccines is no longer allowed to go to the doctor or pharmacy themselves for any kind of treatment at all. If you don't believe in medical science, you don't get the benefit of medical science at all.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

Style
    Playground warrior
    Diesel and Krampus - dad is a doctor and used to tell us whenever people attended his practice to get a medical certificate citing diarrhoea, he would snap on a rubber glove and tell them to pull their pants down. No one took him up on it. He hates lazy people. :D
    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Diesel and Krampus - dad is a doctor and used to tell us whenever people attended his practice to get a medical certificate citing diarrhoea, he would snap on a rubber glove and tell them to pull their pants down. No one took him up on it. He hates lazy people. :D
    Medical certificate AND a prostate massage? Now that is what I call a high level of service.

Does he do bulk billing or would he accept roses as a gift?
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

Page 2 of 2 First 12