Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Style
    cultural appropriation
    Quote Originally Posted by dhkim030203 View Post
    They didn't advertise street ****, so that's one green flag.

Sanda is quite rarely found in my home nation and it's even more rare to see traditional CMA schools teach it. Sanda here is more often seen together with modern Wushu schools.
    I can find a certain school near Busan which advertises wing chun, tai chi (Yang Family) and sanda, but they don't teach praying mantis and at least in my opinion, you can't trust many instructors who teach more than 2~3 styles to be legit.

Plz be aware that English is not my primary language and that I may make a few grammatical errors.
    While that certainly CAN be the case, not always true. I know a number of instructors in the UK who teach multiple styles and hold high ranks, but they mostly double my age if not older and most of their arts have cross over (for example, Judo and BJJ, Karate and Kickboxing etc)

The fact they have Sanda for the fighting and fitness you can get out of it, and wing chun, a straightforward system that isnt overly convoluted with excessive amounts of forms, gives me some hope that the combination would make someone training there (and I stress this) 'theoretically' able to use their chun in a more knowledgeable and live manner.

That school you linked to originally however, I want to ask something. I know google translate isnt the best tool, but Im not finding 'praying mantis' on their website, but one sentence on their page stresses and interest in tai chi. Have you contacted the school directly?

Style
    Kendo
    I am still yet to contact the school, and 당랑권 is the Korean term for praying mantis kung fu although Google translated that into ticket in my case.

Style
    cultural appropriation
    Quote Originally Posted by dhkim030203 View Post
    I am still yet to contact the school, and 당랑권 is the Korean term for praying mantis kung fu although Google translated that into ticket in my case.
    I see. Try and get in touch and let us know what they say. See if they allow first lesson free or if they let people watch. Go with your cousin and compare your experience and opinions to see if thats what he wants.

If he does, I hope he has fun

Page 2 of 2 First 12