Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last
    Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT

The Project's Resident Idiot Asks The Hard Questions Of Dana

Firstly, The Project is a left wing TV show devoid of character and intellect, however it makes up for that dearth with smug superiority and a penchant for pandering to identity politics. Secondly, Waleed Aly is the pinnacle of those characteristics.

Anyway, he's been slammed for this interview with Dana White in which he tries to be a real journalist pressing the real issues, with his pretty but rapidly aging co-presenter Carrie Bickmore throwing in a jibe or two in order to attempt to remain relevant. I was genuinely expecting to hear the phrase "human cockfighting" and I'm not sure if I'm glad or disappointed that I didn't.

Seriously, though, this show must be dying, the internet is out there, if you watch The Project you really need to have a long hard look at yourself.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    So your concern was they did a bad interview?
    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

Style
    Judo, BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    So your concern was they did a bad interview?
    I'm going to guess this is more taking any available opportunity to **** on The Project. Which for the record I'm not really against. *Edit* not against shitting on The Project. Feel like that gave the impression I wasn't against the show...

I used to think channel 10 was at least slightly less sensationalist than 9 and 7, but the Project has swayed me against that opinion.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    Quote Originally Posted by brend0_ View Post
    I'm going to guess this is more taking any available opportunity to **** on The Project. Which for the record I'm not really against. *Edit* not against shitting on The Project. Feel like that gave the impression I wasn't against the show...

I used to think channel 10 was at least slightly less sensationalist than 9 and 7, but the Project has swayed me against that opinion.

I am more of an ABC me man myself.

Style
    Judo, BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by gregaquaman View Post
    I am more of an ABC me man myself.
    Honestly I tend to avoid most news programs. Although I do have Sunrise on of a morning as I get ready for work, purely for some background noise. They at least let me know the headlines overnight, and my son's morning squeals drown out most of the other nonsense they go on about.

Style
    Playground warrior
    I couldn’t care less if someone wants to watch a show.

Read about the questions Waleed threw at White. I immediately (and probably unfairly) thought that Waleed was only interested because of the religious angle.

But I also do enjoy when journalists and presenters cross lines set by the interviewee or try it on with their guests. You want screen time, then be prepared to face the lowest common denominator.
    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Style
    all things in Moderation
    What the hell is "The Project"?
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Style
    Playground warrior
    Left wing Lite-‘news’ Aussie style.
    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    I couldn’t care less if someone wants to watch a show.

Read about the questions Waleed threw at White. I immediately (and probably unfairly) thought that Waleed was only interested because of the religious angle.

But I also do enjoy when journalists and presenters cross lines set by the interviewee or try it on with their guests. You want screen time, then be prepared to face the lowest common denominator.
    Yeah. It is not like Dana white could really be considered the victim in an interview. He is big enough and ugly enough to handle himself.

If they had thrown some cancer patient under the bus. I would have a different view.
    Last edited by gregaquaman; 11/13/2018 10:02pm at .

Style
    mma /boxing/muai thai
    And john safran does a hard interview better.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... Last