Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread: Gaza War 2018

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ

Gaza War 2018

Well it looks like there is going to be an actual shooting war on Israel's Southern border.
    Basic timeline of events to date:
    Trump announced moving of Embassy.
    Hamas starts daily protests on Gaza border along with using that as cover to try to send armed insurgents across border.
    Egypt, Qatar and UN try to broker a peace bewtween Israel and Hamas.
    Unnamed insurgents fire rocket from Gaza into Israel, claim it was accidental from a lightening strike.
    Three more rockets are fired from Gaza into Israel hitting civilian targets.
    Israel responds by bombing a Hamas military training facility.
    Egypt, Qatar and UN step up peace making efforts.
    Israel allows Qatari delegate to carry $15million into Gaza as a matter of good will.
    Israeli intelligence unit has cover blown and has to shoot its way out of Gaza, incidentally killing leader of Hamas military wing(for more info see here:https://edition.cnn.com/2018/11/11/m...aza/index.html).
    Hamas fires 200 rockets in the last hour over the border hurting 13 civilians, one critical.
    Israel starts mass call ups of reservists.

Hopefully this will fizzle and not inflame into a full war, but its not looking good.

Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Style
    CQC
    Just glass the strip already ffs.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Nice that they killed the Hamas military leader, what a stroke of luck on that one.

Hopefully it won't blow up on you guys, but I'm betting it will.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    CQC
    I highly doubt that wasn't planned.

Style
    Bjj, mma
    What was the 15 million for? Or is that what the intel guys were trying to find out?

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Stay safe if/when you get called up, Michael.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    all things in Moderation
    I say we rename New Jersey, New Jewsy and just relocate all the Jews there. It will be a better Promise Land and I promise it will end up costing everyone less in both cash and human capital.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Style
    CQC
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I say we rename New Jersey, New Jewsy and just relocate all the Jews there. It will be a better Promise Land and I promise it will end up costing everyone less in both cash and human capital.
    **** you I don't want to move to New Jersey. I'd take the west bank over that **** any day.

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Kravbizarre View Post
    What was the 15 million for? Or is that what the intel guys were trying to find out?
    Salaries for Hamas employees.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Style
    Pramek/Sambo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    Nice that they killed the Hamas military leader, what a stroke of luck on that one.

Hopefully it won't blow up on you guys, but I'm betting it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    I highly doubt that wasn't planned.
    I actually don't think it was planned. I think he became a target of opportunity when the intelligence unit had to call in air cover to get away. We'll probably know more in a few days, but that is what it sounds like right now. My guess is that it was a unit of Mista'arvim that got blown somehow, and much like in Fauda, they just took the shot because they had it and things were going sideways.

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last