Page 1 of 2 12 Last
    Style
    all things in Moderation

NOOOOO!!! Report: Comic book titan Stan Lee dead at 95

"Report: Comic book titan Stan Lee dead at 95"
    http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/r...lee-dead-at-95
    Comic book titan Stan Lee is dead at the age of 9.

The former editor-in-chief at Marvel Comics, Lee co-created some of the brand's most memorable characters, including Spider-Man, Daredevil, the Hulk, Doctor Strange, and many others.

In his latter years, Lee further cemented his legacy when his cameos became a mainstay of the wildly successful Marvel Cinematic Universe.

His wife, Joan Lee, died in the summer of 2017.
    (Foxnews typo of "9" not mine)
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Style
    all things in Moderation
    "STAN LEE
    DEAD AT 95"
    We're told an ambulance rushed to Lee's Hollywood Hills home early Monday morning and he was rushed to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center. We're told that's where he died.
    http://m.tmz.com/#!2018/11/12/stan-l...marvel-comics/
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    Fake news.

Stan Lee opened an inter-dimensional portal, and is now permanently residing in the universe he helped create, where he is an immortal being of immense power.

Style
    Playground warrior
    Time for that wondrous mind of his to take some rest. RIP.
    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Style
    Autoimmune disease
    OK, now I'm middle aged. This is the funerary rite of passage that finally laid my childhood to rest.

The only joy left in life is dope and booze and sex from here on out. So 1 out of 3 isn't the worst thing that could happen.
    Last edited by Dung Beatles; 11/12/2018 7:36pm at .

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by Dung Beatles View Post
    OK, now I'm middle aged. This is the funerary rite of passage that finally laid my childhood to rest.

The only joy left in life is dope and booze and sex from here on out. If I'm lucky enough to reclaim the other two.
    Not necessarily.

These things cycle.

We quicken, we slow, we quicken, we slow, we quicken.

Eventually we slow and die.

But, not every slowing results in death.

It just feels like death.

King of The Island of Misfit Toys supporting member
    Style
    Gracie Jiu Jitsu
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    "Report: Comic book titan Stan Lee dead at 95"
    http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/r...lee-dead-at-95

(Foxnews typo of "9" not mine)
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Marvel does this all the time with all their characters. They will bring him back after a timeline reset or maybe The Living Tribunal will resurrect him. They have done this with Jean Grey like 7 times.
    I bet he gets brought back for the next Avengers.

Style
    Autoimmune disease
    Quote Originally Posted by Raycetpfl View Post
    Marvel does this all the time with all their characters. They will bring him back after a timeline reset or maybe The Living Tribunal will resurrect him. They have done this with Jean Grey like 7 times.
    I bet he gets brought back for the next Avengers.
    Do you think that was his strategy all along? The hate mail to the editor's desk from fans demanding that someone makes the bad writing go away?

If so, it's pure genius.

He may have cracked the code entirely.

Style
    Grapple
    Damn now they will ruin Marvel like they did Star Wars.

RIP

A huge loss to everyone outside of the DC universe.
    King without a crown

Style
    Autoimmune disease
    Quote Originally Posted by PDA View Post
    A huge loss to everyone outside of the DC universe.
    If it wasn't for Stan Lee, DC comics would never have innovated a small fraction of their best ideas. Stan was their Big Bad Wolf for decades.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last