Page 18 of 18 First ... 81415161718
    Style
    Playground warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    Youíre asking me to predict the wartime behaviors of the man who is probably the worldís foremost authority on war. Iíll pass.
    Devil, has there been a thread discussing this probability? If not, can we start one?

Shouldnít we investigate the idea? Lay out potential scenarios and see if they could truly be something we should be concerned about and prepare for rather than shroud it in mystique and create a shadow monster.
    "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Style
    Pumping iron
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I have never exchanged: goods, services, or cash in order to expressly participate in a sex act.
    I have spent a grand total of 1 euro on sex workers. It was for 1 minute at a peep show booth. I saw a woman fingering herself on a rotating bed. 'T was okay I guess.
    go to http://www.bullshido.net/forums/prof...do=editoptions > under Thread Display Options > Number of Posts to Show Per Page: 40

Talk about a left turn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

His heart was visible, and the dismal sack that maketh excrement of what is eaten. supporting member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily View Post
    Devil, has there been a thread discussing this probability? If not, can we start one?

Shouldnít we investigate the idea? Lay out potential scenarios and see if they could truly be something we should be concerned about and prepare for rather than shroud it in mystique and create a shadow monster.
    Go for it. Start the thread. Iíll participate.

Itís not a statistical discussion, though. Itís a historical one and a strategic one and itís a discussion with lots of what ifs. But honestly, there really is no debate as to whether dismantling powerful governments is possible. Thatís something that has been repeated time and again throughout history. Iím not even sure what it is that you hope to articulate. Yours is a losing argument.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by remington50 View Post
    Not funny. Their home was in the equivalent of an F2 tornado for 2 hours. Hurricane Michael was one of the worst hurricanes to hit the United States in history.

Sigh. You donít know much about hurricanes huh? I would send you pictures, but honestly? Just google hurricane Michael and look at the images. LEO response was fine. So was national guard. So was their training. They brought plenty of supplies and people can STILL go pick them up if needed. They brought water, food, and a bunch of other stuff. THAT isnít the problem. The problem is all the Tyrone Biggum and Jim Bob Cooters just looking for **** to steal. Plus having to reallocate LEOs from some areas left others vulnerable. Hell. A damn fire Marshal ended up shooting some dipshit who was trying to steal a cop car.

There were people in the impacted area who had a man walk in to their home while they were there and just steal their stuff. He knocked the 2 elderly adults around and took their stuff. It doesnít matter what LEOs do. They were so stretched that they had a hard time getting cadaver dogs out to search for bodies in Panama City and Mexico Beach (which are just gone now). We are talking about a ďbiblicalĒ level disaster. You canít rely on law enforcement to help you in that scenario. You canít rely on firemen or national guards. They may help some, but we are talking about a storm 350 miles in diameter.

There is a saying in self defense circles: ďwhen seconds count, the police are minutes away.Ē So being realistic, the United States is already facing a law enforcement shortage crisis. If you need help? They have no duty to protect you. You are on your own.

No we donít. You donít NEED free speech. But that doesnít mean you shouldnít have it. It is a natural right. And free speech is a limitation on the authority of government. A right is not granted by the government. If it was...it is just a privilege.

We are having less and less problems with more and more gun ownership. The internet doesnít matter. Mass shooters are EXCEEDINGLY rare. In fact, the numbers are inflated because of the inclusion of gangland incidents which are falling.

We will. And we are doing just fine. The few areas that arenít...are about 5% of the counties in the United States. And it is because of drug/gang related violence primarily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Are you in the Panama City area? I'll be there in three days, visiting family for Thanksgiving. I used to do a lot of hunting in the Apalachicola area (howard creek to be specific) but that won't be happening this year. I have a lot of family up in Marianna, Chipley, and Cottondale. They got it pretty decent.

And yes, the emergency response was pretty good. Power got up way faster than when Ivan and Denis came through. But as we say in Florida, the first three days are on you. So, if you are not prepared to defend yourself and your property, be prepared to have your stuff stolen from you. I have worked too hard for my stuff and won't anyone by walking up on my family and property without looking at the end of a barrel.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you ďcardio without the dishonour of aerobicsĒ.

Page 18 of 18 First ... 81415161718