Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last

Style
    Autoimmune disease

What's for dinner tonight?

I'm having homemade sourdough and homemade tomato soup.

I'd upload a picture but that seems like a lot of work.

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Grilled elk steak, with steamed broccoli and melted mozzorella. And beer.
    I got the steaks straight off the elk carcass hanging in the backyard. For dessert we started butchering the upper half of the elk.
    Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Autoimmune disease
    Jesus sake, man. I see, Idaho. That's a lot of meat. You going to package that up and toss it in the freezer or do you got a smoker big enough to do the job? Did you weigh that sucker up before you slaughtered? Elk ribs sound might tasty right now.

Style
    Ex-Karate
    Pork chops on the charcoal grill and steamed veg. Served with Bearnaise sauce

Style
    Kodokan Judo/BJJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Dung Beatles View Post
    Jesus sake, man. I see, Idaho. That's a lot of meat. You going to package that up and toss it in the freezer or do you got a smoker big enough to do the job? Did you weigh that sucker up before you slaughtered? Elk ribs sound might tasty right now.
    The cow (elk) my 13 year old son shot was a young one, I'd guess born 2.5 years ago (i'd guess 350lbs on hoof), so not a mature cow (more like 450-550 on hoof, sometimes larger).

The slaughter took place at about 100 yards, so no weighting before the shot.

Wife and he are finishing up on the butchering as I type. We cut it up and vacuum pack the meat.

Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Style
    Autoimmune disease
    Quote Originally Posted by BKR View Post
    The cow (elk) my 13 year old son shot was a young one, I'd guess born 2.5 years ago (i'd guess 350lbs on hoof), so not a mature cow (more like 450-550 on hoof, sometimes larger).

The slaughter took place at about 100 yards, so no weighting before the shot.

Wife and he are finishing up on the butchering as I type. We cut it up and vacuum pack the meat.
    See, that's putting your boy to work earning his keep. Great work being a dad, not kidding. Lots of people don't invest time or knowledge in their kids and that's why we get the dysfunctional lot we've got today. Raising them right is serious business.

Style
    CQC
    What can I do to acquire some of these elk steaks?

Style
    Autoimmune disease
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost55 View Post
    What can I do to acquire some of these elk steaks?
    My guess:

1. Shoot an elk
    2. Buy from native Americans with hunting rights
    3. Trade with someone who has some.

But on second reading I see that might be your intention with BKR. I'm dumb like that.

Style
    Autoimmune disease
    Tonight I'm having avocado salad and lentil soup.

Style
    CQC
    Quote Originally Posted by Dung Beatles View Post
    My guess:

1. Shoot an elk
    2. Buy from native Americans with hunting rights
    3. Trade with someone who has some.

But on second reading I see that might be your intention with BKR. I'm dumb like that.
    Yup. I was hoping to get some from BKR this time around. Next year I want to go and get it myself the old fashioned way though.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... Last