Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT

FIGHTWORLD series on Netflix

This looks like it could be good. It could be ****, but the trailer looks pretty good.

Has anyone seen it?

I'm actually a bit pissed off that I'm only seeing this now because the missus has been out of town for a few days and I've been getting stoned and watching superhero movies when I could've been watching this doco. Ah well, looks like I'll have to watch it while she's here.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

Style
    all things in Moderation
    The first two and a half episodes were pretty good.
    “I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.”
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Style
    Bjj
    I seen it but havnt watched. Im hoping the krav maga one is good. The kick boxing and african wrestling ones will be good but i want to see some real bullshido and have a laugh.

Style
    Bartitsu
    I saw the Krav Maga and Laamb wrestling episodes last night. It's a surprisingly good series; the focus isn't so much on the styles themselves as on the fighters and the cultures they've emerged out of. Significantly deeper than most martial arts travelogue shows.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    Looks like I get to binge watch something new.

Style
    Kickboxing MMA Boxing MT
    Quote Originally Posted by DdlR View Post
    I saw the Krav Maga and Laamb wrestling episodes last night. It's a surprisingly good series; the focus isn't so much on the styles themselves as on the fighters and the cultures they've emerged out of. Significantly deeper than most martial arts travelogue shows.
    But is it better than Human Weapon?
    "BJJ!!! Guard can't protect you from collapsing gym roof, tough guy!" - W. Rabbit

Style
    Bjj
    Quote Originally Posted by Sovvolf View Post
    But is it better than Human Weapon?
    Judging from the krav maga episode its better than the human weapon one (or fight science, i get them both mixed up sometimes).

I though when they were talking about anything not martial arts the people being interviewed were good and not cringy. There wasnt much km though. It was mainly about israel and there was a section where there was interviews and footage with a kung fu guy. The km stuff although looked badass being showcased by probably an ex sf guy was a bit flawed.

His handgun disarm was based on the firearm having a slide (if it was a revolver he would of died).

He also was saying he wasnt stronger or tough than the host (think schwarzanegger compared to jerry seinfeld in terms of size difference).

There was two other things i thought were a bit off but i cbf typing it all.

The quality of filming ect is good, next episode ill watch is senegal wrestlers.

Style
    Bartitsu
    The Senegal episode is really impressive, partly because a major (non-wrestling related) event happened there while the doc crew was filming and that had a big impact on the story they intended to tell. In that context, I also thought the very last moment of that episode was a brave, poignant statement (again, it goes deeper than wrestling).

Style
    Grappling, Boxing
    I have "watched" a few episodes with visual description, which is really un-Netflixy good! I loved the Mexican boxing episode lot. FWIW.

I will check out the whole series.

Style
    Chinese Boxing
    I'm having all my Krav Maga members go watch the fifth episode.