Page 2 of 2 First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_tke View Post
    Oh, OK. Gotcha. We have a few people from that area that train so I'm sure someone will chime in eventually. But as long as you are training and getting your kid into it, I'm sure you are good to go.

Enjoy and feel free to chime in and comment on your training from time to time. Maybe one day in the future, you will be the one to answer someone else's question about the same place.
    Thanks bud, will do. So far I like it, I never really did western style boxing so that part is new to me. My son has fun and actually spare pretty hard against other kids. Most of the local “karate style” schools don’t even let kids spar so that was what sold me on signing him up in the first place. Then a week later I was there early for my sons class and saw one of the adult (21 year old) black belts in the ring with a guy from another school. Our guy whooped the other guys ass in spectacular (kick boxing rules) fashion, so after that I signed up.
    If they would only do a little less forms I think I’d be more content, but so far I’m enjoying it and learning new things which is what counts I think.

Style
    stick, pistol, rifle
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaolo View Post
    Thanks bud, will do. So far I like it, I never really did western style boxing so that part is new to me. My son has fun and actually spare pretty hard against other kids. Most of the local “karate style” schools don’t even let kids spar so that was what sold me on signing him up in the first place. Then a week later I was there early for my sons class and saw one of the adult (21 year old) black belts in the ring with a guy from another school. Our guy whooped the other guys ass in spectacular (kick boxing rules) fashion, so after that I signed up.
    If they would only do a little less forms I think I’d be more content, but so far I’m enjoying it and learning new things which is what counts I think.
    Yeah, sounds like a cool place. You never know on forms. I did a lot of kickboxing and grappling when I was younger. Competed in a couple different venues, which was a lot of fun. Well, other than cutting weight. But now days I'm all busted up and do mostly forms. Sparring occasionally but mostly forms and just fitness. You never can tell where life will lead you.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

Page 2 of 2 First 12