Page 13 of 13 First ... 3910111213
  1. #121
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ripton, MA
    Posts
    14,351
    Style
    Mixed
    -1
    Quote Originally Posted by hungryjoe View Post
    You're wrong.

    You're a poser.

    Prove me wrong or take a drink with your attempt.

    Halfhearted, half played. Suck it.
    Poseur. It's French, no wonder you can't spell it right.

    Proved you wrong. I can do this all night long, sober or not.


  2. #122
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    7,370
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    That's because you were told "#MeToo has been weaponized", and it sunk into your subconsciousness so now you re-use the term over the over..

    I can even post the articles and pundit pieces that made you start using that turn of phrase.

    None of it is "weaponization", QM. Save the term "weapon" for when it really applies.

    Otherwise people will take your claim and weaponize it right back onto the faces of millions of victims, they don't need your theories to know what life is really like under a *****-mad President nominated *****-crushing frat boys to the Supreme Court of the land.
    No, I coined the phrase independently, and use it over and over; it is unsurprising that others would come up with the same thing, we do share a common language, and that's exactly what has happened.

    weap·on
    ˈwepən
    noun
    a means of gaining an advantage or defending oneself in a conflict or contest.
    "resignation threats had long been a weapon in his armory"

  3. #123
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ripton, MA
    Posts
    14,351
    Style
    Mixed
    -1
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    No, I coined the phrase independently,
    You definitely didn't "coin the phrase", that's for sure.

    That said, why do you think Dr. Ford is a weapon, again?

    I'm pretty sure she said she was a sexual assault victim.

  4. #124
    submessenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    KAUS
    Posts
    7,370
    Style
    BJJ/Judo/MT
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    You definitely didn't "coin the phrase", that's for sure.

    That said, why do you think Dr. Ford is a weapon, again?

    I'm pretty sure she said she was a sexual assault victim.
    Your slight twists of words do not make you correct, nor does your white-knighting.

  5. #125
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ripton, MA
    Posts
    14,351
    Style
    Mixed
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by submessenger View Post
    Your slight twists of words do not make you correct, nor does your white-knighting.
    I think people who use the term "white knighting" are often amoral fools. I mean, if it was your mother or sister or hell your brother, would that be "white knighting"?

    I'm defending a citizen of the United States exercising her 1A right. I'm sorry it was so inconvenient for the GOP to embarrass itself by literally not giving a **** about her testimony, with the exception of a few people with either a conscious or a basic sense of due diligence.

    Defending sexual assault victims isn't "white knighting", it's just the right thing to do. You're "white knighting" Kavanaugh, after all.

    Defending the SCOTUS from people with a probability of being a sexual assaulter is right.

    Dismissing victims AND their defenders for political wins is just wrong. Worst, most polarized SCOTUS confirmation ever, thanks to Donald Trump. Who would have guessed he'd **** this one up too.

  6. #126

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    362
    Style
    Judo and HEMA
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    I think people who use the term "white knighting" are often amoral fools. I mean, if it was your mother or sister or hell your brother, would that be "white knighting"?

    I'm defending a citizen of the United States exercising her 1A right. I'm sorry it was so inconvenient for the GOP to embarrass itself by literally not giving a **** about her testimony, with the exception of a few people with either a conscious or a basic sense of due diligence.

    Defending sexual assault victims isn't "white knighting", it's just the right thing to do. You're "white knighting" Kavanaugh, after all.

    Defending the SCOTUS from people with a probability of being a sexual assaulter is right.

    Dismissing victims AND their defenders for political wins is just wrong. Worst, most polarized SCOTUS confirmation ever, thanks to Donald Trump. Who would have guessed he'd **** this one up too.
    I think what you are missing here is that someone is not a victim just because they claim to be. This idea that we should believe people just because they claim something is patently ridiculous and runs counter to one of the founding principles of our republic.

    Affirmati Non Neganti Incumbit Probatio

    This is also one of the primary driving principles behind Bullshido based on my reading of the site and its history.
    The law and courts of public opinion have been weaponized against people throughout history to ruin lives and reputations. But more importantly to jail the innocent and even to execute those who were inconvenient politically.

    That, combined with the obvious fact that you can't prove a negative; simple logic that one, shows that anyone who makes an accusation, especially a serious criminal accusation, and make no mistake that's what this is, is and SHOULD BE assumed to not be correct until it is shown otherwise.

    If Dr. Ford is telling the truth, then why did she not pursue a criminal investigation shortly after she came forward with this? I understand waiting a long time to come forward. That is behavior consistent with a trauma victim. However, according to the story I have been fed, she first came forward with this incident in 2012. If that is true, and there being no statute of limitations in the jurisdiction where the offense took place, would it not have behooved her to report the offense and seek an investigation from law enforcement at the time she DID choose to start speaking about it?

    Instead, she chose to wait until it was politically convenient to come forward. Unfortunately, she has suffered a lot of backlash for this. However, that is a feature of our system, not a bug. Using personal trauma for political gain has been a historically very successful strategy, but it only works if the trauma is real and the evidence indisputable or at least widely believed. That is simply not the case with Dr. Ford. She has little consistent evidence other than her own testimony. And while that may be a tragic situation, it IS our system working as intended for that to not be enough.

  7. #127
    W. Rabbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ripton, MA
    Posts
    14,351
    Style
    Mixed
    Quote Originally Posted by AcerTempest View Post
    I think what you are missing here is that someone is not a victim just because they claim to be. This idea that we should believe people just because they claim something is patently ridiculous and runs counter to one of the founding principles of our republic.

    Affirmati Non Neganti Incumbit Probatio
    Oh you want to get Latinal? Fine.

    The burden of proof in a claim based on evidence availability (there is often no evidence available in sexual assault cases), and the idea that without proof something never happened (appeal to absurdity), are two separate things.

    What you are doing is appealing to ignorance, also known as Argument from Ignorance (argumentum ad ignorantiam) or colloquially, Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

    In other words, the absence of available evidence doesn't mean you can rule out an assault. You can cast doubt of course, which is often all you need politically.

    It doesn't make the decision logical or reasonable to vote for confirmation. What is essentially means is the GOP decided any doubt whatsoever was enough for them to vote "yes", which is highly unethical.

    Read on.

    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence_of_absence

    Quote Originally Posted by AcerTempest View Post
    This is also one of the primary driving principles behind Bullshido based on my reading of the site and its history.
    Not at all. Bullshido, being an evidence based site, requires evidence of a claim.

    You're saying no evidence = a claim is false. According to that logic, if there's no video evidence of a sexual assault, the accuser is wrong by default and the event never happened, which is obviously another appeal to absurdity.

    We're not talking about putting anybody potentially innocent in jail. We're talking about a political appointment intended to be impartial.

    I don't know how anyone will ever be able to argue Brett Kavanaugh is impartial, based on his attitude and behavior during testimony.

    Quote Originally Posted by AcerTempest View Post
    That, combined with the obvious fact that you can't prove a negative; simple logic that one
    I can tell you've never taken a class in logic. OF course you can prove a negative. You got your education in logic off internet memes or something.

    Quote Originally Posted by AcerTempest View Post
    , shows that anyone who makes an accusation, especially a serious criminal accusation, and make no mistake that's what this is, is and SHOULD BE assumed to not be correct until it is shown otherwise.
    OK you went off the deep end here. All victims should be presumed guilty?

    Quote Originally Posted by AcerTempest View Post
    If Dr. Ford is telling the truth, ... according to the story I have been fed, she first came forward with this incident in 2012.
    Funny, you just proved to everyone that her sexual assault claim was not only not a political move on the part of Democrats, but it came out before Brett Kavanaugh was even on a list of potential SCOTUS nominees.

    Good job.

    Quote Originally Posted by AcerTempest View Post
    Instead, she chose to wait until it was politically convenient to come forward.
    This is a lie the GOP keeps telling themselves and their supporters, but it clearly isn't true. The truth is nothing she did was convenient for her, political or otherwise.

    Of course, your logic above states that you don't think victims should be believed without any sort of physical evidence. I'm sure glad you're not part of the legal system you're claiming is so flawed and "weaponized", you'd make it even worse.

  8. #128
    battlefields's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Australia, Land of Oz
    Posts
    5,901
    Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT
    1
    I have a legit question, Rabbit. Can you tell me in simple terms what Ford and Ford alone believes she experienced?
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

Page 13 of 13 First ... 3910111213

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in