Style
    BJJ/ MMA/ MT

Why Are We Not Discussing This Here? Academic Hoax/ Exposure Of Grievance Studie

https://www.bullshido.net/these-hero...he-modern-age/

We've seen this, yeah? I don't want to muddy other topics with this and maybe I'm just terrible at internetting but I can't see where I can start a conversation in the above link.

Read the article, read the academics article, then read these:

https://twitter.com/dwschieber/statu...97301021798400

That poor schlub is the reviewer of one of the papers. Now, I feel for this guy, he is a grad who was asked to do this as his first peer review and he feels somewhat foolish that he gave the academics so many comments to work with and that he didn't reject the premise outright.

The problem doesn't lie with him, he rejected it after all, the problem is the sycophants in the rest of the thread who clearly have no critical thought. Even the guy himself reckons he got done, yet people are so desperate to continue to push their ideological brainwashing that they are literally saying **** like, "sucks that your time was wasted" and "they're the problem not you [sic]".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	17931

Name:	Capture2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	17932

Name:	Capture3.jpg 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	17933

Name:	Capture5.jpg 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	17934

Name:	Capture6.jpg 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	17935
    Name:  Capture7.JPG
Views: 200
Size:  25.6 KB

I predict this is going to have the opposite effect than that which was desired.

In my professional life I have caught out many, many clients who think they have been pulling the wool over my eyes and who think they have the upper hand due to their status. And calling them out on it in front of people does two things:

1. Makes them feel like **** cause they got caught.
    2. Makes them angry that you called them out for it.

Which emotion do you think takes precedence in the above scenario?

I predict that this will close all doors in academia to scrutinisers, isolate and insulate those in academia even further, and create an even greater hatred for the "straight white male" who is already deemed the enemy.
    GET A RED BELT OR DIE TRYIN'.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devil View Post
    I think Battlefields and I had a spirited discussion once about who was the biggest narcissist. We both wanted the title but at the end of the day I had to concede defeat. Can't win 'em all.
    Quote Originally Posted by BackFistMonkey View Post
    I <3 Battlefields...

Style
    Jiu-Jitsu, Judo,Wrestling
    Quote Originally Posted by battlefields View Post
    https://www.bullshido.net/these-hero...he-modern-age/

We've seen this, yeah? I don't want to muddy other topics with this and maybe I'm just terrible at internetting but I can't see where I can start a conversation in the above link.

Read the article, read the academics article, then read these:

https://twitter.com/dwschieber/statu...97301021798400

That poor schlub is the reviewer of one of the papers. Now, I feel for this guy, he is a grad who was asked to do this as his first peer review and he feels somewhat foolish that he gave the academics so many comments to work with and that he didn't reject the premise outright.

The problem doesn't lie with him, he rejected it after all, the problem is the sycophants in the rest of the thread who clearly have no critical thought. Even the guy himself reckons he got done, yet people are so desperate to continue to push their ideological brainwashing that they are literally saying **** like, "sucks that your time was wasted" and "they're the problem not you [sic]".

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	10.1 KB 
ID:	17931

Name:	Capture2.jpg 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	17932

Name:	Capture3.jpg 
Size:	38.9 KB 
ID:	17933

Name:	Capture5.jpg 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	17934

Name:	Capture6.jpg 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	17935
    Name:  Capture7.JPG
Views: 200
Size:  25.6 KB

I predict this is going to have the opposite effect than that which was desired.

In my professional life I have caught out many, many clients who think they have been pulling the wool over my eyes and who think they have the upper hand due to their status. And calling them out on it in front of people does two things:

1. Makes them feel like **** cause they got caught.
    2. Makes them angry that you called them out for it.

Which emotion do you think takes precedence in the above scenario?

I predict that this will close all doors in academia to scrutinisers, isolate and insulate those in academia even further, and create an even greater hatred for the "straight white male" who is already deemed the enemy.
    The "peer review journal" model is rife with error, and sloth,

and anytime someone puts a published experiment on a webpage with comments enabled,

that is actually "peer review" on steroids.

The old model is quite flawed.